• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AU JUS ...belly up men.....

AU JUS RECIPE > this is how it done folks,belly up and do it rite...

Do not waste any money buying the store pkgs this is the chit!!!!!!.....and its where most of the flavor comes from!!! This must be made at least 3 hours before using; any left over can be kept refrigerated and is great for French Dip sandwiches.

Always stir before using or dividing into separate containers because pepper does not dissolve and will settle to the bottom.

Ingredients: ½ cup soy sauce

5 ¼ cups water

2 Tablespoons Beef base (any brand)

½ Tablespoon Garlic (powder or granulated)

¼ teaspoon black pepper

¼ teaspoon Whole Celery Seed

Bring Soy Sauce and water to a boil. Remove from heat and add beef base to taste - add more beef base depending on your salt taste (Au Jus should be a little on the salty side). Then add the celery seed and black pepper. Cover and set aside. Just before using bring back to a boil shut her down and serve. ......... IMO.........This stuff is so good....... u will hang it in a bag.......and run a hose in your arm > on drip feed ! lol

Thanks. I always run out when we make a Christmas Prime rib.. I will give this a try..Honestly, I cannot wait for the sammies the following day. I think I prefer them over the actual Christmas meal, maybe it is because everyone is gone?;)

I did a 6 lb. Prime rib last night for the first time and made this Au Jus it is the best I have ever had and so easy to make. Thank you to atvlaska for posting this recipe. I did the prime rib in the oven I started by putting sliced garlic cloves into the meat The smearing the whole thing in real butter I buy the seasoning from a local butcher shop, Put the seasoning on it thick. Baked it in the oven at 500 for 30 min. Then 300 for 30 min. Let it rest for 30 min. No need for me to go out for prime rib ever again. That is the only way to go.

newyears003_zps0f46c569.jpg

newyears005_zps878d409f.jpg

newyears009_zps25f7bc9c.jpg

Do not waste any money buying the store pkgs this is the chit!!!!!!.....and its where most of the flavor comes from!!! This must be made at least 3 hours before using; any left over can be kept refrigerated and is great for French Dip sandwiches.

Always stir before using or dividing into separate containers because pepper does not dissolve and will settle to the bottom.

5 ¼ cups water

¼ teaspoon black pepper

Bring Soy Sauce and water to a boil. Remove from heat and add beef base to taste - add more beef base depending on your salt taste (Au Jus should be a little on the salty side). Then add the celery seed and black pepper. Cover and set aside. Just before using bring back to a boil shut her down and serve. ......... IMO.........This stuff is so good....... u will hang it in a bag.......and run a hose in your arm > on drip feed ! lol

How would this go with a venison roast?

5 ¼ cups water

¼ teaspoon black pepper

How would this go with a venison roast?

Try it and report back!

IT TASTES GOOD ON TOOTHPASTE..................:)

I think this would be about right. I've been making smaller batches and mixing it into ground beef before making patties and putting them on the grill. Turned out excellent! Also made a meat loaf the same way and it turned out awesome also. The options are endless.

I did a 6 lb. Prime rib last night for the first time and made this Au Jus it is the best I have ever had and so easy to make. Thank you to atvlaska for posting this recipe. I did the prime rib in the oven I started by putting sliced garlic cloves into the meat The smearing the whole thing in real butter I buy the seasoning from a local butcher shop, Put the seasoning on it thick. Baked it in the oven at 500 for 30 min. Then 300 for 30 min. Let it rest for 30 min. No need for me to go out for prime rib ever again. That is the only way to go.

newyears003_zps0f46c569.jpg

newyears005_zps878d409f.jpg

newyears009_zps25f7bc9c.jpg

That is awesome

My prime rib turned out great. I bought myself one of those probe thermometers and had it in the meat during the cooking time. If I hadn't used it I would have overcooked it. When I had it resting it went up almost 20 degrees. It was so nice to know exactly what was going on instead of guessing. AND I didn't want to open the door when cooking to check the temp. Now I am looking forward to smoking some pork loin with the probe so I know how it is doing.

Thanks to all who post on here. It is a great collection of knowledge. Merry Christmas to all. Today is chicken wild rice soup....