Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourplay

FL-18 Update?

3 posts in this topic

I broke down and decided to get the FL-18 last night. I read the other post about the FL-18 needing an update so I looked all over Bemidji trying to find one with a serial # over 192500 or a version 2 sticker. Is this sticker hidden? I couldn't find one anywhere so I just bought one from my favorite bait store. The guy at the store said they just got these in a couple of weeks ago and he didn't know anything about an update. Do I need an update? My serial # is 191846. Any help is appreciated.

This is from Back Water Eddie: "The update applies only to FL-18 units with a serial number of 192500 or less. The serial number can be found on the back of the unit under the power and transducer connections. Some units have already been updated. If the back of the unit is marked "Version 2" or "V2", it
already contains the update."
Sounds like you will need to contact Vexilar for the update.

If the place you bought it from claims to not know anything about an update, I would take my business else where! How can they not know anything about it, they are not a quality Vexilar dist.

The sticker is very visible on the back of the units, they were probably asked to ship all remaining stock back to them for an update, I know Gander Mountain has a bunch of units that are labeled as Ver. 2

Good Luck