• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey guys, I'm a freshman at UWSP. I was wondering decent lakes to ice fish around Point? I'm not too fond of river fishing in the winter so was looking more for lakes. I primarily like to chase panfish and Northern pike. Any ideas? thanks!

If you go to UWSP there are plenty of good places with in 10 miles of you. I have not been in the area recently but the early ice bite at Rusty's can be a lot of fun. The Pipes and Red Bridge are also good spots to try. Beware the ice there can get sketchy at times. Always ask the people at local bait shops for advice. Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction. Have fun!

Most of the better spots will be river backwaters and reservoirs. Not a ton of good lakes around, but there are a few good ones that I won't mention because they are small and susceptible to over fishing. Still, 90% of the good area fishing is the river system. Deep Slough, Rustys, Lakeside, Red Bridge, The Pipes, Second Lake, First Lake, Lake Dubay, etc. The list of good backwaters is long. Ask the local bait shop owners about any of these spots and they could probably give directions. My favorite shop in town is basically across the street from SPASH and is in a guy's garage.

Spring/Summer spots are plentiful as well. The Dubay Dam(walleyes), the spillway (walleyes, bass, catfish,muskie), all of the backwaters listed above (crappie/gills) and a lot of other stretches of the river can be good. Lots of shore fishing spots available too.

Feel free to message me if u have any specific questions, otherwise good luck!