• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a Flasher

schmoe147

I've got my search down to one of these units. I'm wondering if the $100 dollar bump from the lx-5 to the lx-6 is worth it. I've only seen the Lx5 in action. Curious to hear from people who have used both. I'm wondering about the delay with the lx-6 is it noticable, I would have a hard time jigging if it has a delay. Let the opinions begin.

If you're talking about paying retail, then there's absolutely no question -- skip the 5 and go with a 6. The only way I'd buy a 5 is if I was getting a significant discount. Deals can be found, from others who are upgrading to the 6/7.

Hmm I cruse them all and just went through them today and havent seen a 7, lots of Vexs and Birds though for almost new price....OOOOPS sorry I was mistaken there are 3 new and 1 used head unit on da bay....

Huuum, don't forget when you do a search to type in LX7 & Marcum. I just counted 5 of them for sale. Seems to be a lot! wink

I wish I was that bored. But if you do a Statistical analysis of all the brands of used flashers that are for sale on internet Auction sites! Don't forget to add in the % of each unit sold so you can get a good Avg of your data field! Have fun! smirk

I am a former owner of a Marcum Lx3-tc. It was terrible next to the three other units I was fishing near (different brand). Everyone else was able to clear their screens from the interference. I sold that unit shortly after and bought a different brand. Problem solved.

I am a former owner of a Marcum Lx3-tc. It was terrible next to the three other units I was fishing near (different brand). Everyone else was able to clear their screens from the interference. I sold that unit shortly after and bought a different brand. Problem solved.

Huh? Before I sold my LX3tc I used to fish it extensively in the same hub or nearby my buddies FL20's, FL12, and FL8 with none or minimal issues. The only unit that had issues was the FL8. My Ice55 was always nearby too.

I am under the impression that people who cant work their units together in the same vicinity either have a defective unit or dont know how to properly adjust and use it?

"I wont let someone with a marcum fish in my house...they dont play well with other units at all"

Thats totaly false my friends fish their Vexs next to my LX-5 and 7 all the time without issues, except for 1 FL-12.

How deep of water are you fishing and what kind of bottom?

I fish lake trout water a few weeks every winter and it's about the worst conditions for flasher interference imaginable... deep water with steep slopes and hard rocky bottom. Vex's are the only way to go up there for everyone to play nice together. A few people have brought Marcums (a LX-3 and LX-5) and were exiled from the group or had to shut their flasher off because it messed everyone else up. Other units that mess everyone else up are FL-8 and Lowrance X67, but the other vexes all do fine near each other.

I can assure you that I know how to work a flasher and adjust to the style of fishing that I am doing. I couldn't care less which flasher someone chooses to buy, just stating my experience. With that said, my experience shades me away from using Marcum near other "non marcum"units. I'm sure there is a hundred stories stating otherwise from loyal marcum guys, but that was not my first hand experience. 2c

I can assure you that I know how to work a flasher and adjust to the style of fishing that I am doing. I couldn't care less which flasher someone chooses to buy, just stating my experience. With that said, my experience shades me away from using Marcum near other "non marcum"units. I'm sure there is a hundred stories stating otherwise from loyal marcum guys, but that was not my first hand experience. 2c

You prefer Vex because of your poor experience with Marcum. No one is arguing that. Go with the unit that works best for you and your group. When im out fishing I generally fish in a group of buddies. The units we carry? Multiple LX7, LX6, LX5, LX3tc, VX1, FL20, FL12, FL8, Ice55. If we can get these units to work together in the same vicinity with minimal problems what does that tell ya?

Anyhow I can understand one not wanting to dink around with settings and choosing to stick with a unit brand that their buddies all fish with. Thats why I said choose the flasher that best fits your needs.