• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice fishing box

Question

8 answers to this question

some of my buds laughed at me at first but now differ, I bought a delta brand Packer 45, storage box for your truck or whatever. has a lockable lid, heavy black plastic built to last, I put a divider in on one end and am able to store all my tipups there, the rest of the box has the ability of holding my vex, heater and tank(5lb),small batery for lights and fan, 5 rods/reels, squeegy, auger extention, flood light,scooper, folding chair, and a tray I have the length of the opening, 3" deep,x 3" wide holds all the small stuff, there is only 4 things that i need to grab to go fishing, my portable, auger,minnow bucket and the BOX.
I built a sled 30" wide 5' long with sidewalls and lid with a spot on the back for the BOX, to pull with the snowmobile. so far am very pleased with the way its all working. have pics if interested.

oranthal,
What's your e-mail address?

I built a box last year that holds Arctic six tip ups (never tangle), 3-4 rods, and two small boxes of tackle. The whole thing is the perfect size to fit under my lazer auger.

I was tired of the abuse that the tackle would take when traveling by snowmobile. It works great from some aspects, but probably a little over kill. (can't think of one time I ever needed six tip ups on one trip)

I'm not sure how to post a photo here, but if you post your email address, I'll send you a photo I have scanned.

Stiff

stiff, my e-mail is [email protected] a picture would be great, what you have sounds a little big for what i want but maybe not, i would still like a picture.

what i'm looking for is some that i can carry on the end of a auger carried over my shoulder.

thanks everyone

tony d.

Get a Croxton Pond Bag I built a box last year that I thought was the cats meow. But it was big and bulkey to transport. After seeing to croxton bag I bought one of those and his is by far the best purchase I made this year for ice gear. I can get 7 rods into or 4 rods and 4 tip-ups depending on what and how I am fishing. Plus alot of tackle I have 6 tackle trays that I have various things in and all those fit. Plus the chipper dipper rod holders. It wouldn't appear that you could put that much in one and I was skeptical at first but after I got it I realized the possiblities are endless. My dad saw mine at Christmas and he said to me that would my a good christmas present for me so now he has on as well.