• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nestor Falls, LOTW, White Fish Bay Fishing Reports & Crow Lake Fishing Reports by Muskie Bay Resort

We fish up there in March every year. Sometimes the early spring weather conditions deteriorate the portage conditions of off Crow and it makes it difficult to get back into the other trout lakes with a snowmobile.

Mike Stark - I see you go to Lake Winnipeg. Would like to learn more about that trip sometime if I could email you. We always talk about taking a year off from LOTW or spring RR fishing and heading to Lake Winnipeg to ice fish.

Mike-Get the Crime Stoppers Explorer series map 15-9 Sioux Narrows-It has logging roads, portage trails, snowmobile trails, and labels most lakes species available-I believe if you go to kestrelforestry dot com you can order it-I have only been up in March once and as said above, snowmobiles wouldn't have worked-we rode our wheelers into Rowan and had a good time-fishing can be tougher that time of year-PM me if you have more specific questions-

Rowan Lake is a great trip from Crow Lake. At the East end of Crow (about ten miles from M.Bay Resort)you can access the Cameron Portage, which will bring you to Cameron Lake. A short ride, about halfway to the North end of Cameron will bring you to another portage that will eventually lead to Sullivan Bay on Rowan. Well worth the trip. The map that was suggested by Jerkin'm sounds like a good investment. I'm going on line to buy one now.

No-It looks like you need map 4-titled Lake of the Woods for that area-the Western edge of the map has from Index Island on the North to just West of Hay Island and cuts through Blueberry Island on the South-any other questions let me know-

We had a great weekend of fishing. It started out with warm weather, then rain, then a lot of water on the lake and then on top of everything we got a snow storm. The snow accumulation is any where from 6-8 inches and we have some cold weather with temps -4 degrees F it has froze everything up again making it easier to get around. Check out Jordan's lake trout caught on Jan. 11, 2013 on Crow Lake it is 39 inches estimated around 25 lbs it was released. 1208_10151430456095522_1447578057_njpg1_IMG_00232_zpsa00efa1b-1_zpsf4823bd9.jpg

P1040738_zps555e6b5d.jpg

My grandson Devin caught this 45 inch muskie while he was fishing for lake trout. He caught it using a white tube jig he caught it on Jan 1st 2013. Donny caught his 44 inch pike on White Fish Bay he also was using a white tube jig.

Well, this past weekend has been cold. The cold weather has froze everything up and the conditions for traveling across the ice are great. Getting back into Rowan and some of the portage lakes are good we have enough snow to travel across the portages. I still think snowmobiles work the best but some have brought 4-wheelers and are getting around. I suggest if you have chains for your 4-wheeler bring them with. We caught a few crappies but they were smaller this week than last weeks catch. We are excited about this upcoming weekend it is our annual Thorne Bros. ice fishing extravaganza. If you still want to get in on it we still have opening. I am heading out right now to do some prefishing/scouting before the outting. Give us a call.

And I will see you on the ice.

The weather has warmed up, we went from -28F below to 2F above this morning, that is winter for ya. It doesn't seem like the fish mind the cold weather; but it is always nicer fishing in warmer temps.Catching fish made up for the cold. We caught lake trout and a bonus of a muskie on Crow Lake and then went over to LOTW to catch crappies and walleyes in the late afternoon. Not a bad day. It snowed some more last night and it made traveling across the lakes great. I will try to keep up with the progress of the weekend. We are hosting the Thorne Bros. outting this weekend.

Sure wish i could get back up for this weekend Paul, Waiting to catch that laker through the ice. Nothing funner than those thorne bros trips up to Crow. Great place to stay and have fun! I may try soon to come for a day or two. Super busy. Have fun and take care. Keep Robin on a leash!

We were catching crappies in Stevens Bay we made a trip over to Whitefish Bay this morning until 1:00 and we picked up 6 trout and we lost a few. We picked up a few pike 25 feet or less. We were using 4 inch glow tubes for trout and pike.

The trout on Crow lake are still shallow 20-25 feet. If I were thinking of coming up to fish I would come now, the fishing has been great. full-1729-29460-p1250153.jpg1.jpg

full-1729-29462-p1270185.jpg1.jpg

full-1729-29463-p1250138.jpg1.jpg

We were catching crappies in Stevens Bay we made a trip over to Whitefish Bay this morning until 1:00 and we picked up 6 trout and we lost a few. We picked up a few pike 25 feet or less. We were using 4 inch glow tubes for trout and pike.

The trout on Crow lake are still shallow 20-25 feet. If I were thinking of coming up to fish I would come now, the fishing has been great. full-1729-29474-p1250138.jpg1.jpg

full-1729-29475-p1270185.jpg1.jpg

full-1729-29476-p1250153.jpg1.jpg

The trout on Crow lake are still shallow 20-25 feet. If I were thinking of coming up to fish I would come now, the fishing has been great. full-1729-29477-p1250143.jpg1.jpg

full-1729-29478-p1250139.jpg1.jpg

My Grandson was fishing for lake trout and caught a 45 inch muskie. The fish was released successfully.

We have about 12-14 inches of fluffy snow, with a good 12-14 inches of ice. The weather today was very sunny, blue skies, temp was 25F. Got a chance to catch a few bass the other day which was loads of fun.

It has been a great ice fishing season. Just wanted to let everyone know that we have plenty of ice and snow and we will be ice fishing for another 3 more weeks safely. We currently have about 24 inches of snow and 14-16 inches of ice. Here are a few walleyes we caught yesterday.

full-1729-30895-kevin3_7_2013.png

full-1729-30896-bob3_7_2013.png

full-1729-31332-img_0133_zps4e8fd799.jpg

full-1729-31333-img_0127_zps8183a985.jpg

Just got back from fishing Lake Trout on Whitefish Bay. Some slush, a lot of snow. We drove double up, but didn't pull a house with a wide long track and didn't run into any problems. The group with us had long tracks and didn't run into any problems. It is a day to day basis with the conditions. We were catching the trout in 40-60 ft using glow tubes.

Thinking about planning a trip at the end of July to go chase some muskies up there. What kind of structure/depths are people getting them at this time of year? I was thinking some mid lake humps where the white fish might be stagging off of. Am I on the right track? Any other advice?