• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which flasher to buy Vexilar or Marcum?

Question

Thinking of upgrading my flasher currently I have a FL-8 vex. can't decide weather to go with the FL-18 or the Marcum LX-3 any help would be great thanks...

4 answers to this question

Both the FL18 and Marcum seem to be good units. I am in a similar position as you having a FL8 already. I am planning on getting an FL18 when I upgrade since the transducers for the FL8 and FL18 are interchangeable. I am also more comfortable with the red, orange and green colors from all the time using my FL8. Vexilar is a solid company that has been around for a long time. I have had excellent responses every time I have contacted them by phone or email. I use my FL8 in the summer alongside of my Lowance LCX X15MT sonar and can have them both on next to each other without interference in either unit. I am afraid that with the higher output power of the Marcum unit I would get interference on my LCX X15MT. Again both are good units, but I just think it makes sense to upgrade to a FL18 if you have a FL8 and plan to keep the FL8 after you purchase the FL18. Bruce