• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Plastic sled house

The Chemist

Question

How does anyone update the base so that you have a flat floor? Has anyone ever put plywood in? I just bought this house and want to make it safe for my kids to be in. I was thinking maybe plywood/carpet. but am open for ideas. The house is missing 3 of the 4 hole covers. Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Try a rubber mat, similiar to the ones used behind a bar. I think they sell them at Menards. They are designed to be wet all the time and are very durable and can be rolled up for storage. I use one in the floor of my otter and it works great. It can take the jerking that I give it after it gets frozen to the ice.

It won't make the floor flat, but to get rid of that slick-when-wet floor, bring it in to get dry and warm, and then put several of those stick-on shower nonskid appliques like us old people use. The flowers and fishes look nice.[manful flowers, of course]