• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish House Build

Rattle_Reel6

I had been meaning to post some pictures of my fish house build, but have been using almost all of my free tme to et it enclosed before the weather turns.

I have quite a few pictures that I would like to post, but cannot figure out how to add them to a message. If anyone knows how, I'll be happy to post them.

No it is not a frame from miltona. My first house I built was a 6.5 x 12 plus 3' v from Don at miltona and had no complaints; great frame for a reasonable price. The guy that did mine is a commercial welder and did this trailer on the side.

The frame is a 8' x 16' plus a 3 foot V front.

As far as savings, I'd guess that I will have around 8-9k into it.

Do you have a close up or some plans on how you did the lower bunks? I would like to add that to my house. My fishing partner is always complaining how his bunk is so narrow on my bench/slash bunk in my house.

Thanks for the picture. How far does the actual bottom seat stick out? Is it trade off for a dinette or does it save some space. The one good thing about a dinette is there cushions that are already there for a mattress. I only sleep in mine a couple times a year and hate to waste a lot of space. Maybee just a top bunk and a cot is my answer.

Just thinking-if you put an eyelet in the side walls where the fold in the bottom bunk was when folded up, you could leave a mattress on the bunk and stretch a bungee of some type accross to hold it in place for the backrest and the seat. That would give you your cushions when using it as a couch. Sliding in and out of dinettes is just not comfortable for me, unless its a four handed cribbage game. A top bunk that folds like yours and a small sofa sleeper is my other thought.

This is a picture of how the rear bench/bed works. There is about 4 feet behind the wheel wells, and there is a permanent 7" piece that is behind the backrest. That piece gets incorporated into the bed width once folded open. The same idea is used on the front bench/bed.

The bench sticks out about 2 feet which allows me to put holes in behind the wheel well areas. I felt that the dinette took up too much space for fishing and I agree that they are harder to get into and out of. I use a futon mattress on the bench/bed when we use the house, it just wasn't on in the pics.

full-41833-34601-fh.jpg