Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobb-o

Eskimo Auger

3 posts in this topic

My buddy recently brought up a power auger from home that hasnt been used in several years. the only prob is that we cant get it to start. we have tried changing the gas, oil, spark plugs. is it the carbeurator that is giving us problems? or is it something else internal. we cant even get it to turn over. any help would be greatly appreciated, i cant drill through two feet of ice with a hand auger much longer.

You are probably due for a carb rebuild. I had an Eskimo years ago, and it always was a good starter.

If it won't turn over it's more than a carb. It could be the recoil dogs are bound remove it and see if you can pull the rope. While it is off try turning the flywheel and see if the engine is free, if you can turn that then theres something bound in the drive mechinism. if engine is seized you can try putting penetrating oil through the plug hole to free it but if it is the motor even after you get it loose it most like won't last long. The rings will probably be frooze and the cylinder scratched. hope for the other options, good luck!