Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Johnny B

Bow Cargo Nets

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where I can get these? If you go directly through a Lund dealer they are too pricey. Looking for something a little more economical.

Go to a junk yard and get one out of a trunk of a car. I don't know which one's have them, maybe some of the bigger cars or minivans. Also Walmart may have them.

How about something like that hooks on the back of a stroller. If that's what you're looking for. Target may have them.

I need them too! A lot of people have told me that Wal Mart carries these nets in the auto department. I wouldn't know because I rarely go there, and when I do, I forget to look for them! Try it!
My Alumacraft dealer wants over $200 for 3 net assembly(s) and parts! Yeah, right. I think bungy cords sounds more appealing....

The trunk of my old 92 Lumina had a nice sized net across the back. I think that a couple of those would work well.
Tully

Cabela's sells them in two lenghts 42" and 52" for around $25 each.

Rob

Thanks for the info.
I am also going to check out a few auto parts stores.
They might carry an after-market product.

This is something the J.C. Whitney (auto accessories) catalog likely would have, and probably not much money. Do and online search and you should find them.

I saw them at Menards yesterday. They were by the ratcheting tiedowns (automotive section)

Great, now they are available at local distributers. I took the 100.00 hit from my Lund dealer 2 years ago....

By going through the Lund dealer at least you will purchase a net that is the exact fit for your boat.
If I purchase it elsewhere, I figured that I would have to modify the netting to get it fit inside the bow. No big deal, gives me something to do between ice fishing trips. I also like working on my own stuff, especially if I can save a buck!