• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"line through" rod

Tully

Question

Anyone ever try these rods with the one eye and then the line runs through the rod and comes out the end? Cabellas has a 7' 1 piece model for half price. Looks like it might make a nice trolling rod. Anyone have any experience good or bad?
Thanks,
Tully

2 answers to this question

I believe you are referring to innerflow or innercast rods. The concept was a good idea however the problems are numerous. My suggestion would be to stick to a conventional rod. I personally haven't heard anyone who has been happy with them. Scott Steil

I bought one of the Rods that Daiwa made, was called the Innerline rod. I used it for flipping bass. At first I loved it, then threw time, it get to be more of a hastle.. If you ever broke your line and had to re-thread it you needed the threader, water often got stuck in the rod and made it heavier, weeds could get stuck in it, cottom wood seeds became almost unbearable. The concept was nice, it was a very sensitive rod, casted well.. But the overall package wasn't worth it!

Just my opinion!