• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clear Lake Fishing reports by Paul’s Fishing Guide

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pauls Fishing Guide is really changing things up. I have a new web site being built and things are getting very exciting. We are going to offer Video Fishing Reports on the Water. We have also started to offer **NEW All Inclusive Guided Fishing Packages at Clear Lake. Make sure to keep checking back for more details on the reports.

As of today the Walleyes are still going good at Clear and we are catching many large mouth bass at Crystal Lake.

The Yellows are starting to heat up at Clear Lake. I've seen many fish caught around the island and Dodges Point. We have been doing very well on the walleyes and this bite should stay good for most of the summer.

There is a very good large mouth bass bite on Crystal Lake. Top water have been good. There is also a good blue gill bite going. Most of the gills are 6-8 inches and the Bass run 14-16" We have been catching 30 plus bass a day and that's a lot of fun.

The bite is very good on Clear. We pounded the Walleyes over the last week. Many fish 14-16 and a fair number of 17-19 inchers. With a couple 20 plus. I also put a young man on the 4LB $1000 tagged Walleye. THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

The Walleyes are being caught on cranks and live-bait rigs. Yellow Bass are biting very well. It doesn't take long to fill a bucket when you get one them. I like running hair jigs or 2" ripple shads for the yellows. Muskie have also been going pretty good when the weather isn't crazy.

The fishing over the last few days has been up and down. The yellows are going pretty good on the rocks. We have been jigging small leeches and worms in 7ft of water or less. We had 4 keeper walleyes yesterday and they came on spinners.

The fishing over the last couple of weeks has slowed on Clear. The best bite for Walleyes has been 5-8am. I've been working the deep rocks with spinners and a crawler. If you fish mid day you still can catch some yellows its just that the walleyes are slow during the day.

Ok boys and girls the Yellows are on Fire at Clear Lake. I've been working 9 fow or less and they are everywhere. Most of the fish that I've been finding have been on the east side. Any small jig or spinner with a crawler will work. I've been pulling spinners so I can pick up a few eyes also.