• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Morson LOTW Fall Fishing Report

Was up at the cabin 8-31 through 9/3. The reefs by Dawson channel provided our best walleye fishing of the weekend. Caught lots of small-to-mid sized walleyes trolling spinners and jigging. Also fished Miles and Sunset area with much less success, including points and reefs. Also tried traditional fall spots, but with water temps touching 70, I think it's too soon. Also went up to Obabikon for shore lunch on Saturday. Tried some crappie action with a few here and there. Back up in mid-September.

full-1271-24030-2012_09_01_14_20_48_563.

Got back from two weeks at our trailer. Walleyes were tough at times, but we hit a couple of real good days. 1-1/2 hours and 17 fish, two were under 15" and the rest were from 16-27". Bottom bouncing with spinners and minnows, current areas, 20-30 FOW. Crawlers seem to have slowed up. We did manage one good day for crappies. We caught over 40 and kept 28 nice ones. Went back a few days later and couldn't find them anywhere. Duck hunting for our group was very slow. More geese than ducks. Started to see more ducks the night before we left. Heading back in two weeks.

Need fast help!! where are the walleyes?

My last few trips have been for ducks, and we'll do that again this weekend, but it looks like 70 degrees, sunny and flat calm so will need to show my buddy some fish.

Where the heck should I look for walleyes? Be specific!

(Did have a fun experience Sept. 9 using lead core and plugs out on Big Traverse by the 3 Sisters, very odd in flat clam water out there!)

Ducks have been very good, especially in evenings.

Thanks for any help on the fish!

Our report from Sept 28-30. Slow. Fished every crappie spot we know of in Miles Bay and caught zero, didn't even see one caught and there were lots of boats out. Fished walleyes and they were slow but did bite enough that we were able to eat 3 meals of fish just not like I would expect for the last weekend of Sept. Also ran to Hay Island area and found lots of boats on the community spots. Caught 4 crappies in an hour or so that were all dinks. Decided I didn't want to play boat jockey for 7 inch fish and spent the rest of the day chasing walleyes. I think the weather was just too nice. I've rarely seen big open areas of LOW that calm in the middle of the day. Highs in the 80s and no wind, plus a huge algae bloom and everywhere we went there were big pods of bait fish. All those factors helped us come up with lots of good excuses. Had a great trip though with the weather and good friends.

We were up last weekend in the 84 degree weather and, between duck hunts, caught fish in deeper current, 17-24 feet. Spinners and minnows. Great weather and a great cast and blast 3 days. (Props to DMoore for the tip on where to fish!)

Heading back up tomorrow for 5 days but with snow and temps in the 40s, I'm done fishing, this will be all ducks.

Take care, be safe all.

We'll be up tomorrow to fish through Monday. Will report back then. Got all the winter gear packed. Hopefully the wind is down for most the time up there. We'll see I guess...probably should bring an emergency case of beer!

Fished out of Morson last week. Weather was beautiful, but fishing for us was so so.

We hit some decent numbers of smaller walleyes, but never found a really good school. We fished traditional Fall current spots with jig and minnows. Fished some new spots I was told about that were "stacked" with fish a few days earlier and were pretty sparse when we got there. Go figure. Still was a good time, but no Fall piggies.

Will hopefully get back up weather permitting near the end of October. Quack quack.

Fished out of Morson Fri - Mon with below average results. Had a pretty decent day Saturday and were able to put together a nice stringer of walleyes. Biggest we caught was 22". Water temps were 46-50 degrees. Spent some time trolling for muskies without any success. Good times as always getting up there. Starting to plan the March ice fishing trip so there is something to look forward to. Good luck to all the rest of the season. Looking forward to hearing the results!

Fished this past Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Did really well way West of Morson on Saturday. Sunday and Monday was tougher fishing, as we fished lots of spots in Miles Bay, rather than traveling as far as we did on Saturday. Had two fish fries and brought home fish for everyone so still a good trip. Jigs and minnows.

Got back from two weeks at our trailer at Mylie's. Duck hunting was so-so. Good shooting on Ring Necks and mallards the first week, very slow later on. Had some diver shooting one day and the nothing. One of our worst years. Fishing was good, not great. Did not find the fish in the usual Fall spots. Got almost all our fish in deep depressions 25-30 FOW. All were caught on jigs and minnows. Lost a tremendous amount of fish. Stinger hooks didn't help. Didn't even try for crappies. They just were hitting anywhere on the lake. Closed our place down until next february.

Fished out of Morson Friday - Sunday. The wind howled Friday night into early Saturday morning. Saturday was beautiful weather - sunny, mid-to-high 50's and light wind. Started off for walleyes in a channel and did pretty well. No piggies, but a lot of nice eater size. Used jigs and minnows with fish caught in 12-26 feet. Water temp was averaging about 64 degrees.

Went in search of muskies up in Burrows Bay in the afternoon. Unfortunately no willing participants. Then switched over to walleyes and fished another channel. Caught lots more eater size walleyes and some bonus crappie. Jigs and minnows again. Tried some plastics on and off but at most got some taps. The walleyes wanted live bait. Caught them in 16 - 26 feet.

Sunday was again very windy. Went into the Sunset Channel and found some smallies and a couple northerns.

Back up the first weekend in October.

Was up to Morson last week with 5 other guys. Did well on crappies & walleyes. Not many northerns or perch. Used my home made jigs [KRANZ JIGS] spicificly designed for LOW crappies with a piece of plastic. Can someone walk me through how to post pics? Thanks. WFT