• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery opener

Well, I hope all have a great opening weekend for the deer archery opener.

Good luck and hope you stick the deer of your dreams.

I may get up by mid Oct if I archery hunt ND this fall. Have to check and see how the deer population is before I lay the $220 down for a license. maybe all Mn hunting for me this fall. Isn't going to be the same.

I didn't get out- had a b-day party for my daughter at my in-law's instead. I had a buddy shoot a decent muley. Mediocre hit so they left it overnight. The tracked it the next morning and found it, but unfortunately the yotes found it first- not much left. Not a particularly wide buck, but a beautifully tall racked velvet sportin' muley.

Anyone else get out in ND this past weekend?

I hunted saturday, sunday, and monday nights around Minot. Pretty slow, thunder/lightning shut everything down saturday- no deer. High winds sunday- no deer. Monday was a good night weather/wind wise but only saw 1 doe pretty far out.

Im still learning my spots out here so it should get better as the season progresses.

Any further updates guys? I'm in the Harvey/Fessenden area as I type, getting out for the first time tomorrow morning.

I saw more deer feeding in green fields and near the roads this evening on our way in which is encouraging compared to last year. Any gut feelings on the deer numbers compared to a year ago? Last season was pretty brutal.

Sounds like ND trail cams reports are a bit more promising. Hoping to get a better idea of inventory this weekend. I will post what I find.

In the area we hunt, I have been told by the locals that the herd is up probably due to last winters lack of snow.

I have a trail camera up set up for me by another and there are lots of doe's on the camera which is great for the herd to rebound.

Hopefully another soft winter this winter and the herd should be doing much better.

Out for duck opener this weekend, I saw more deer in the early morning hours than I have in the past couple years. Counted 14 in a 20 mile stretch Sunday morning. Plenty of deer during the day, too. Looking forward to filling my doe tag in November!