• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

August Morson Report

Got back from two weeks at our trailer at Mylies. Fishing was a little slower than earlier in the Summer but we got a lot of fish. Plenty of small walleyes. My wife got her largest of the season - a nice 27" fish. We managed three limits to bring home. Nothing under 16" and nothing over 18". All were caught on bottom bouncera and spinners with crawlers. Depth varied from day to day. Most of our action was in Miles along shorelines and around the islands. We did have some great crappie fishing. Three limits. On our last day we kept 15 fish from 14-17". All were caught on crappie rigs with minnows and a white twister. Again didn't get to fish muskies. Back in two weeks for opening of duck season.

Hey DMoore,

I wondered if there was anyone out there, I had given up on this HSOforum!

I had my 6 year old up last weekend and we also did well on smaller eyes, 14-17 inchers, same old spinner and crawlers (except the kids now make their own spinners to look like jewelry!)

Not sure where the big fish went, haven't seen one since about July 26th...

Took in the Big Island pow-wow which was fun...

Back up on the 6th for some geese and ducks on the 10th! Maybe we will see you up there!

Fished last Thurs-Sat. Weather was great Thurs/Fri but it got pretty windy on Saturday. Combo platter of muskies and walleyes. Used spinners and crawlers on the eyes. Fished primarily reefs and were able to find fish. Got a 29" which was my big of the season. Happened within the first 15 minutes fishing so we were excited! Fish some shorelines and points as well and found fish. They seem kind of scattered right now. Muskie action was good as well. Lots of follows and missed opportunities for this walleye guy, however did manage to catch 3 the first day with the biggest being 43" (along with the 29" eye) will make it a day I will never forget. Beers and fish frys always fun with the guys. Saw a few bears when we were up there, one dead on a shoreline, one swimming in the middle of Miles Bay, and one at the cabin eating acorns in the yard. One of the guys stepped outside about 11PM to relieve himself in the dark and the bear started huffing and puffing at him. Never seen him so scared when he came running back into the cabin. We cancelled our NoDak annual pheasant hunt and are planning to come back up to LOTW in October so definitely looking forward to that. Also starting to plan our March ice fishing trip...can't plan too far ahead right?

The bears like the cabins by the government dock this time of year too. Heading up Friday - Monday and plan to chase crappies, muskies and walleyes.

Is it too early for trolling for muskies? If not, what type of shoreline are you looking for? May go up for crappies and muskies/northerns in Obabikon.

Hi WildThing - The cabin is in Mylie's Bay. It is owned by the parents of my friends that we usually go with up there with. Cancelled the pheasant hunt because it wasn't that good last year(we hunt in south central part of the state), or at least not that much better than MN, and it ends up being a pretty expensive trip with the license, lodging, etc. So, we thought we would just hunt MN for pheasants this year and hit LOTW one more time. Where is your place at?

Fished Tues and Wed out of Sportsmans Landing from my buddies place. Good bite on the reefs pulling bouncers/spinners. No big fish (23.5) but lots of nice fish. Mostly down the sides but a few on top. Two crappies, a couple of pike and a few jumbo perch also. My partner took us a good ways west for a darn good bite..........we didn't fish a single hump without finding fish. Love that country but now back to the south side.