Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Boat Covers

3 posts in this topic

I have purchased several covers over the years and after the canvas ones rotting out and not protecting the boat from the elements, I decided to spend more money for one that trailers well and protects it from all elements. I found canvas covers to rip and not hold in place while trailering. It was cheap in price, and that usually tells you something. Spend a little money to protect your investment! You'll save in the long run.
A place in Fargo, ND custom made mine and it is extremely heavy duty vinyl like material. A friend owns a similiar cover and has lasted for several years and no sign of aging at all. Sits outside year round too. I think I paid over $300 because I had custom cuts to fit bow mount trolling motors and stuff. Well worth it.

I'm looking to buy a boat cover for my 16' Sylvan ProFisherman v-hull that I can use for trailering and storage outside during the summer, but I'm not sure what to get. They range in price from $75 to over $200. Does anyone have any opinions on a decent cover at a decent price?

With the exception of a few custom made covers, no cover is going to stand up well to trailering. The wind will rip them apart in time as well as add extra wear to the interior of the boat, namely the seats. Unless you wish to spend the extra on a custom cover, get a decent canvas cover. Treat it with Can-vac or Thompsons water seal and use it as a storage cover only.

Rob