• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Covers

Question

I'm looking to buy a boat cover for my 16' Sylvan ProFisherman v-hull that I can use for trailering and storage outside during the summer, but I'm not sure what to get. They range in price from $75 to over $200. Does anyone have any opinions on a decent cover at a decent price?

2 answers to this question

I'm looking to buy a boat cover for my 16' Sylvan ProFisherman v-hull that I can use for trailering and storage outside during the summer, but I'm not sure what to get. They range in price from $75 to over $200. Does anyone have any opinions on a decent cover at a decent price?

With the exception of a few custom made covers, no cover is going to stand up well to trailering. The wind will rip them apart in time as well as add extra wear to the interior of the boat, namely the seats. Unless you wish to spend the extra on a custom cover, get a decent canvas cover. Treat it with Can-vac or Thompsons water seal and use it as a storage cover only.

Rob