• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LCO and Grindstone Walleye Fishing

Me and some friends are going up to stay on LCO for the weekend of the 24-26th. And possibly going to go across the street to grindstone to fish. What should we use and where should we go?

Thanks,

MNWI01

Sorry it took so long to answer MWN but I haven't been out there for a while but we were having our best luck with a plane red hook and a leech or crawler. One day a crawler is better, the next a leech. And we've been doing a little better along the edge of deeper weeds. Not finding any large congregations, pretty much spread out. I will say we've done better this summer on Grindstone than LCO but have caught some nice northerns on LCO.

I mention leeches and crawlers but I don't use minnows very often during the warmer months simply because it's too hard to keep them alive but now that the nights are a little cooler, they might be worth a try.

Good luck out there and let us know how you do.

my B-I-L has his cabin right in Musky Bay,

we were up last weekend, and mainly played on the tubes and skis, but the boys took the fish boat out, and only picked up one snakey northern. not many boats were in the bay at all last weekend. maybe 5 at the most..

on the other hand, we did mark a few fish in some deep drops. marked some down 17-20+ ft in water to 30'. I think that was out by Chicago Bay.

otherwise, check the drop off near Wismo

Was out tonight on lco from 7 till 9 in the evening. Managed 3 walleyes (2 keepers) and two pike in that 18 to 20 inch range. All fish came on slip floats and jumbo leaches, anywhere from 12 to 18 fow and weeds. Good to finally get out, its been a while.

Was out tonight for little bit, very cold. Tried to jig, bout left early cause fingers were getting cold. 12 inches good ice on loc and not a lot of snow. Saw one truck drive to the deep center bar from Chicago bay.