• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Liriano to the Sox

schmitty3

I don't get the trade inside of our own division, but technically that only applies if it is a person that can hurt our team. Liriano hasn't hurt any opposing teams in a long time. Even that no hitter last year (6 walks) was a bit of a fluke. My advice to the White Sox is get a psychiatrist on staff

Happy to see hm go. His days are over except for a good games here and there. Maybe when he pitches against us, he can leave some of the great pitches a bit high and we can send him packing to the dug out.

If we are going to get better, we have to do something with this pitching staff.

The guy is a head case.

Right now, I would rather see some of the younger guys anyway.

DeVries and Deduno, even though they aren't world beaters at

least don't appear to be head cases and seem to be willing

to learn how to improve.

And when your talking about getting rid of guys, can we

package Valencia with Blackburn or Casilla??

or the possibility exists that you take him out of the gardenhire/anderson pitch to contact mentality and allow him to go out there and let it fly and he flourishes. time will tell.

2006 was some magic, the Twins pitching staff looked awesome. Liriano looked like a poor man's Pedro...great fastball, dominant slider, decent changeup.

Now look at the pitching 6 years later.

I wish him the best, he was inconsistent after Tommy John surgery, it probably messed with his head more than his body.

I know the Twins were talking they would get Lirano back after the season and be able to sign him for less. Do not like the Whitesox trade but wish him the best of luck. See what happens on Tuesday against the Twins.

I'm thinking No-hitter/perfect game through 6 innings. grin

Quote:
or the possibility exists that you take him out of the gardenhire/anderson pitch to contact mentality and allow him to go out there and let it fly and he flourishes. time will tell

So says the guy who wanted Gardy fired for not having Duensing out of the minors and in the starting rotation much sooner ... LOL....good one~