• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nonresident Early Goose

Anyone try the experimental nonresident early goose last year? It's only open in Richland, Sargent, Benson, Ramsey and Towner counties...What are the restrictions? Surface waters closed?

From what I've read there's already a fair amount of competition for geese among the residents, but I thought I'd get the details here as they aren't online at ND G&F yet.

You are correct.The reason for the 5 counties is.....large numbner of farmer complaints about to many geese.You can hunt anywhere in the state,but in those 5 counties,it doesn't count as part of your 14 day restriction.

FYI - for you goose hunters. Looks like a jerky fest!

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

"North Dakota’s 2012 small game and furbearer regulations have been set and most season structures and bag limits are similar to last year. The only significant changes involve an increase in limits for the early Canada goose, mountain lion and fisher seasons.

The early Canada goose season will open Wednesday, Aug. 15, and have a daily limit of 15 and a possession limit of 30. The early season ends in the Missouri River zone Sept. 7, while the rest of the state closes Sept. 15. The Missouri River zone closes early to provide additional late season hunting opportunities by adding these days to the end of the regular season."

does anyone here have experience with hunting in any of these areas? I sure would like to go out there and give a good duck/goose hunt a try... and it looks like we may be done early with harvest this fall possibly leaving us with some time to go give it a try... most people I talk to say go out, knock on doors and find birds... Hard for this south central minnesotan who gets to fight over the same 40 acre patch of sweet corn with 20 other hunters to believe these farmers are that willing to let guys in to hunt...

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

So did you ever go out and give it a try? Sorry my information is late but I have done the early season for awhile now and although competition can get fierce for the field that is loaded up with geese you can usually find a spot to set up in an area that the geese are frequenting.