• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

spirit lake fishing.

How's the fishing on spirit lake? I have never been to spirit lake before so I have a few questions:

1- Are there fishing spots accessible from shore? If so, how's the bite?

2- Would a small 14' boat be able to handle the size of the lake?

3- How's the bite this time of the year?

Thanks.

Limited shore access this time of year with the weeds unless you wade, on a calm day your boat will do fine, heard the perch are biting and also a blue/green alge bloom going on....

man, you are dead on the money. It was tough fishing without getting caught up on weeds. we rented a fishing boat from one of the resorts and went up and down the shore lines of east and west lake. We didn't do too good, but that was expected by us. I'd like to get back out there in the fall for some crappie slabs.

we didn't get out during the day like I had hoped on Saturday with the weather. The evening sure turned out great just before dark. Did some shore fishing on East Okobji before dark and caught a pile of white bass a few blue gills.

we didn't get out during the day like I had hoped on Saturday with the weather. The evening sure turned out great just before dark. Did some shore fishing on East Okobji before dark and caught a pile of white bass a few blue gills.

We wanted to stay for the day, but the rain just kept on coming. We got caught in the rain while on the lake. Looked like we were the only ones who was crazy enough to be on the lake that saturday. Wished we could've gotten into a school of whitebass. How big were your whitebass?

How big were your whitebass?

nothing worth keeping but I am more of a CPR guy anyway. We caught some blue gills that some would consider keepers. Also saw some others catching some nice sized gills as well.

Never target yellows but have had lots of action on them in the past on other waters casting a #4 or #6 panther martin spinner....In the winter we catch alot of yellows on small jigging raps....

Sounds good. If the weather cooperates, I may take another trip down for an early morning til afternoon fishing trip.

I don't think the whites are too picky, once you locate them or get into them from my experience they will go for just about anything.

If you don't want to go through a lots of live bait we had good luck using a mimic minnow (chartreuse) and a small jig with a white twister tail (jig color didn't seem to matter)