Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huskminn

Wave Wacker or similar product

6 posts in this topic

I have been giving some thought to purchasing some wave protection for the rollers coming over my transom from time to time on Mille Lacs.

I have looked for wave wackers in some of the usual places, but I haven't actually seen them in a retail outlet before. Where can I find them and what things should I know before purchasing? Any drawbacks of installing them?

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by huskminn (edited 06-12-2000).]

Hey Huskminn- This may be out of date info, but a few years ago I located WaveWackers operating out of a warehouse in St. Lious Park. A couple of brothers owned it at the time....Harrick or Harris? Anyway, for a few bucks I rolled my Lund in and they put a custom set on for me right at the shop. Otherwise they will ship them to you if you give them the specs on your boat, motor and kicker.

Jake,

Your info may not be out-dated because I went to the yellow pages and located a company by the name of Wave Wackers still in St. Louis Park. I haven't called them yet, but I assume they're the same folks. Just so happens that it's about 10 minutes from home, so it'll be a piece of cake to check it out.

Thanks for your help!

if they don't have them try Hanney's in mpls they should have them and you won't be disapointed with the quality

Carpy,

Thanks for the lead. I checked it out and their prices are significantly better than the Wave Wackers I saw at Hannay's Marine. I had decided that I would rather just get wet than spend $300.00. But, now I'm reconsidering after looking at the Whitecap splash guards.

Thanks for the info and the link!