• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Meat Sales

Stokkes is having a truck load sale this week. Ribeyes for 8.99lb, Chuck roast for 2.99lb, Whole bone in porkbutt for 1.49lb and my favorite is the bulk Italian sausage for 1.99lb. grill those up with some pizza sauce on top, cheese if you like and you have a awesome burger.

3 hours ago, Crow Hunter said:

Cub, at least the one in Inver Grove Heights has been having whole frozen ducks for 99 cents/pound. I went back and got a couple more yesterday.

Mmmmmm.......I haven't had duck in a coon's age.

53 minutes ago, chaffmj said:

Whole beef tenderloins on sale for $5.29 lb at Super One in Virginia.

Yeah, well the $30 bucks for gas there and back kind of brings the price up a bit! ?  ?

5 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Yeah, well the $30 bucks for gas there and back kind of brings the price up a bit! ?  ?

Not for me when I went to Virginia to care of some business. If someone was coming up to the range to see the fall colors they could toss one or two in the cooler. They are great on a weber cooked whole or an over priced pellet grill! ?

58 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

well I see Cubs has pork roasts on sale this coming week for $.99 a pound!!  👍

Thanks. With prices jumping as high as they are we can all use a little help finding some Deal! 👍

On 4/8/2021 at 10:04 AM, Big Dave2 said:

If you want the best meat, forget about sales at these large corporate owned stores and support your local family operated meat markets. It's worth the extra money!

The choice is yours. You can send your money to Stillwater and out of state meat packing plants or you can support local farmers and local butchers right in your own area.

11 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

The choice is yours. You can send your money to Stillwater and out of state meat packing plants or you can support local farmers and local butchers right in your own area.

I do go there too.  I have several locker plants in the area I purchase from..  

them dam small town local butcher shops/meat lockers are hard on my wallet!!!!!!!!🥴 i can never get out of them without at least 50 bucks worth of stuff to try......  🤔 and thats with real hard self control!!!!!!! 🤭

2 hours ago, smurfy said:

them dam small town local butcher shops/meat lockers are hard on my wallet!!!!!!!!🥴 i can never get out of them without at least 50 bucks worth of stuff to try......  🤔 and thats with real hard self control!!!!!!! 🤭

That's OK, you need to distribute all that wealth anyway.