• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WILD SIGN PARISE AND SUTER!!!!

Dylan33

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This actually makes me excited to watch hockey again. I haven't paid much attention to it (other than a quick glance when they were on top last year) for a while.

I think this is what hope feels like, it's been so long...

Well, that is less than I thought we would be paying for Parise, but more than I thought we'd pay for Suter...so I guess it evens out.

We just became a legitimate team in the NHL. I can not wait for winter!!!

Not real comfortable with the length of contracts and the implications of upcoming lockout but hope just once Wild can find a way for Parise to skate in a throwback Northstars sweater. That would wail.

I still can't belive this went down today, so happy right now!!!! Parise and Suter have been forgiven for their past (Sioux and Badgers).

Bryce no doubt the term is scary long and it is going to hurt bad the last 4-5 years but we have a big window of opportunity here to compete for a cup. Right now we are sitting on a very good lineup and crazy depth. D is a little thin but plenty of young talent to step up, forward and goalie appear set for many years to come. We now appear to be in a position to attract even more free agents if we need to fill a hole or two. The next 7-8 years are going to be a lot of fun.

Plus we have a bunch of money coming off the books next year in what I consider non key players (PMB, Cullen, Backstrom). You can make a case for Backstrom being important but I think we can fill that gap with Harding/Hackett. Still wishing we would have taken a 1 year shot at Lats instead of throwing monye at Mitchell, we might have been scary good if he was healthy.

Not the first time we've given out crazy deals (Backstrom). In two years, if 3 of our top 6 prospects pan out, we will have a shot at a cup.

I would like these contracts more if they were 8 years at the same hit, but as Parise stated, being home was a part of his decision. If the contract wasn't to the end of his career, I'm guessing he would have gone elsewhere.

These are the type of moves other teams seem to always get, not a Mn team.

Will bring more huge hype for the Wild.

...and HYPE is all it will be...

Another loser MN move. Name one time in the history in PRO sports in MN where giving out the big long-term deal has done anything for us.

Thats right, it has never worked. And like donks the Wild doubled down on it.

Look what losers the twins turned into signing Joe tampoon Mauer for 184 million.

The wild will continue to suck just like the rest of our teams. They will be lucky to make the playoffs, but to us MN fans I guess just making the playoffs is like winning the cup.

...and HYPE is all it will be...

Another loser MN move. Name one time in the history in PRO sports in MN where giving out the big long-term deal has done anything for us.

Thats right, it has never worked. And like donks the Wild doubled down on it.

Look what losers the twins turned into signing Joe tampoon Mauer for 184 million.

The wild will continue to suck just like the rest of our teams. They will be lucky to make the playoffs, but to us MN fans I guess just making the playoffs is like winning the cup.

Someone is a glass half empty person.