• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Fishing Hours Downtown...

I don't know about the legality of it(it seems wrong though). But California has had "open hours" on lakes there for years. I'm 100% against this, and in no way do I want MN to emulate CA...just saying.

nevermind it's all tonka water that flows through the city lakes via the minnehaha, correct? thinking we can stop the spread of invasives at this point is as ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as paying inspectors to sit there and check two trailers a day. i can't think of any lake system that would be less affected by invasives as the city lakes.

this is just the beginning. thank the lake associations for the idea.

i can certainly do without fishing any of those lakes but i'll be driving by the ramps every so often just to flip the bird to the inspectors.

Did anyone else actually read the posting under the pic? "The weather brought Zac Mishler of Bloomington and Wayne Kayser of Richfield, Mn out to Lake Calhoun fishing for muskie as joggers pased by on on May 9, 2012." Suppose it was just an "educated guess" they were fishing muskies? Or did they get the date wrong?

in no way do I want MN to emulate CA...just saying.

I think CA doesn't allow jet skies which I would be very happy to see here. Although I doubt that would ever happen

But this seems kinda similar to the chrismas lake situation. My question is if you put on during the periods where there is an inspector there, are you going to be able to get off if you stay past those hours? Is this chain going to be locked? Does feel like a knee jerk reaction

Great so now people that night fish cannot due so anymore? I wonder how long before every lake in the metro has hours. This is so preposterous. Reading FM boards people are starting to get so annoyed and angry about this too...so much so that they might just accelerate the process of zebes in lakes out of spite. I will clearly state I would never do this and am not condoning it in any way, but honestly I wouldn't be suprised to find out someone doing something like this.

Great so now people that night fish cannot due so anymore? I wonder how long before every lake in the metro has hours. This is so preposterous. Reading FM boards people are starting to get so annoyed and angry about this too...so much so that they might just accelerate the process of zebes in lakes out of spite. I will clearly state I would never do this and am not condoning it in any way, but honestly I wouldn't be suprised to find out someone doing something like this.

This has come up more than once in coversation. Wouldn't suprise me if zebra's are thriving in Christmas Lake right now...