• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bert?

ThunderLund78

Sorry if this has been covered in another thread. But I've been in-and-out of the Twins this year--mostly because of my busy schedule but the club's made it hard for me to go out of my way to watch this year.

For the few games I have caught lately, I've noticed Bert is not in the booth very much. Is he semi-retired now? I did a quick Google search and couldn't find any announcements or anything.

Now I'm even less-interested. Coomer just doesn't do it for me and when TK is in the booth you might as well just take an ambien. grin

Does anyone know what's going on? Sorry if I missed something obvious.

More time with family and hof activities are the two explanations I've heard. Not sure if those are conflicting stories or a story for each of his absences. Kind of ironic if he now thinks hof duties are worthwhile.

TK in the booth lol, I know what you mean but he's really bad, sounds like he's at the other end of the couch with ya drinking a Budweiser mulling around a copenhagen in his yap lol, but I know what you mean lol. I like his angle at times some. To Dan Gladden, time to trim that rug a bit.

I love TK in the booth. He gives great perspective from what a manager is thinking or doing. He knows every hitter on the team and talks about what they like to hit, what they can't hit and calls them out for doing stupid things at the plate or in the field. The man has a great baseball mind and it makes the game much more interesting when he's there.

I agree. TK in the booth made me realize how much of the game we are missing from Bert. Bert only talks pitchers and umps, it's what he knows. Listening to TK is great.

I used to like Bert and Richard in the booth but I'm stating to change my opinion. Richard doesn't seem to completely understand the rules and Bert couldn't care less where the 3rd baseman is positioned or why.

TK in the booth lol, I know what you mean but he's really bad, sounds like he's at the other end of the couch with ya drinking a Budweiser mulling around a copenhagen in his yap lol, but I know what you mean lol. I like his angle at times some. To Dan Gladden, time to trim that rug a bit.

no joke, I will take TK in booth. If you think he's dry then people really don't know or understand baseball.

Maybe you don't understand what dry is ? He is awful cmon. Bizarre moments of silence, overanalyzing this guys hips or that guys stride etc. I like that don't know baseball, we're talking about sport broadcasting and he stinks at it. Sure he knows the game and all the details to it but to sit through 9 innings of 0 personality can you imagine 162 games of that, no thanks I'll take the others which are no better than the rest either, there's too much down time in baseball so we have time to analyze them as much as the game. It's just too awkward to listen to him, I agree I like what he says but thank heavens for the mute button if he's on again, I already know all that stuff, grandpa in the HOF here in MN etc. Played 20+ years of town team ball etc. People aren't tuning in to learn the fine points of the game, maybe they should, but they could care less. My mom asked is this guy drunk, I said maybe but mom cmon it's TK she's like Tom Kelly I was like yes. Maybe it's the lack of polish and his digging into the subtleties about the game we like, I'd just rather have a beer with him and he can go off on all of it, too awkward for TV.

If I ever want to be put to sleep i'll turn on the Twins game when TK's in the booth. He is BORING. Absolutely no energy at all. Yea his points are good, but that doesn't mean he's good, he's gotta know how to deliver them too. Roy Smally on the other hand is the biggest homer while in the booth. The score could be 20-0 Twins losing and if you were just listening to him talk you'd think the Twins were up. I like Bert and Coomer.