• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reading my FL-8 Vex

FOOTDOC

Question

I typically use my clearwater classic and my son is away at college this year and I have been using his vexilar fl-8. It has the floating iceducer and I have really enjoyed the colors. The owners manuel is long gone and I need some help reading the depth. OK, you have a choise of S1, 2 or 4 or D 1, 2 or 4. The S side is white and the D side is yellow. So, I understand if I am on S1, I simply read the outer white scale that goes to 20'. What scale do I read if I am on S2 or S4? I assume if I am on D1, I would read the inside yellow scale, but how about if I am on D2 or 4? I also think I am only supposed to turn up my gain until my jig is bright orange. Is this correct? Thanks for the help/.

4 answers to this question

i use D1 and yes it uses the inside scale. turn the gain up untill your jig is green. depending on your depth it may be better to have a second hole for the vex near your jigging hole. it seems you can turn the gain up a knotch for better botom clarity and still have a nice fluid green line which is your jig.

[This message has been edited by cvikes80 (edited 01-20-2003).]

If you were in 15 feet of water S1 would read 15ft on outside S2 would mean you would double it. If it read 15 ft you would be in 30. S4 read 15 you would be in 60. Same with the inside yellow. It is your opinion on how you want the gain set I set mine at green and if there is a fish close it will turn yellow to give me a warning that there is a fish near by. If you get interference use your IR yellow button it has 7 settings use the best one. Always charge your battery after each use.

GOOD LUCK THE FISH ARE BITING

Vexilar is very good at providing detailed info for their units. Here is the link to PDF files for all the models and tips.

http://www.vexilar.com/help/manuals.html

If you still have questions feel free to ask away. I know from experience that instructions can at times be less then instructional. smile.gif

Hope this helps.

Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

ed-logo.jpg

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 01-21-2003).]