• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

With all this wait time a few bike mods got done.

leech~~

Well with all the time I have had sitting in the garage waiting for some riding weather I did a little work on the bike.

Added a 12V plug in.

GPS holding bracket.

14 tooth front spocket for a little better trail riding low end.

New front tube and tire.

Wind shield which comes off easy for trail riding.

New gel grips.

Drilled out factory fuel screw cap and adjusted the carb a little richer.

Fill handle bars with silicone and lead shot to reduce road vib.

Put on old bags from last bike.

Lowered rear shock and raised front tubes to lower bike an 1"

And big one was added a new Seat Concepts wider better riding seat and cut down kick stand to match. wink

I think I'm ready to ride if this weather ever breaks! crazy

full-27051-20298-bikeandseat006.jpg

full-27051-20299-bikeandseat005.jpg

I see you have a XOG, So do I. How do you like the holder and how does it hold up on the bike? I Have intentions to do the same thing but I don't know if I trust two points holding that thing @ speed.

[NOTE FROM ADMIN: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank You.]

Just a suggestion get a power port to 2 u.s.b. power port, get some u.s.b. cables and charge the gps and the cell phone @ the same time.

JBD, I really lucked out and picked up the last two XOG bike mounts the (bargain cave) had. They are not the same as the window car ones. They have a round soft plastic disk for mounting on the bottom and I just folded that round the handle bars and put two small hose clamps around it and it holds pretty darn nice even trail riding. The bike mount is also different in that the plastic holder clips at the top and goes all the way around the bottom edge of the XOG which is better then the car window one which only clips at the top and part of the bottom edge. Your suggestion on the 2 usb cables is a good one other then the XOG and my cell phone have two different usb ends on them. Riding a bike with a GPS on it really shows how off your Speedo is. The last two bikes I have had were both off by 5mph faster then I was really going. It kind of stinks that they stopped making the XOG cross-over GPS. I have two of them and use them in the SUV, boat, sled & bike. wink

I bought two usb cables and the power port adapter I have accepts two usb devices. The power port is hooked up to a relay so the port is only powered when the marker lights are on or the bike is running.

I do love my Xog as well, all except the one line of pixels that went out and my battery that went B.O. while I lived in AZ. Its good to know that it will stand up the the vibration of a bike, sled, and boat. I was concerned about that.

THANKS

I bought two usb cables and the power port adapter I have accepts two usb devices. The power port is hooked up to a relay so the port is only powered when the marker lights are on or the bike is running.

I do love my Xog as well, all except the one line of pixels that went out and my battery that went B.O. while I lived in AZ. Its good to know that it will stand up the the vibration of a bike, sled, and boat. I was concerned about that.

THANKS

Not sure if you are looking for a newer one but there is one for sale on one of the auction sites right now. I already have two or I may have picked it up. wink