• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oxboro

Question

Can anyone tell me what happened to Oxboro Outdoors?
I tried the phone # on the package, the phone book, and then I tried 411. No luck. I want some Strip-Ons... the 15 or so i got before The Guide closed just ain't gonna hack it....

10 answers to this question

I believe Oxboro Outdoors is no longer in business. I may be wrong. I know Pro Sporting Goods in Ramsey had a bin of stuff on clearance last fall or this year, I can't remember when I saw it. The CEO (Larry) of Oxboro use to live across the street from me. The stock holders voted him out a couple years ago cause he was spending (and lost) waaaay to much money on trying to fulfill his personal dream; with company funds.

Yup, I was right. I was curious so I looked it up.

"On June 30, 1999, the Company sold its subsidiary, Oxboro Outdoors, Inc.,
and accordingly has reflected the results of Oxboro Outdoors, Inc. as a
discontinued operation. Because the final sale price was subject to certain
adjustments, the Company established a reserve, and as a result, reported a
$102,045 loss on the sale. At the end of the fiscal year ended September 30,
1999, the final sale price of Oxboro Outdoors, Inc. was agreed upon,
eliminating the need for the reserve. This resulted in a gain from
discontinued operations of $105,000.
Commenting on the fourth quarter results, Matthew Bellin, President,
noted, "The sale of the Outdoors business has allowed Oxboro to focus on its
core medical business and we are encouraged by the fourth quarter profit from
continuing operations."

DANG....
Where am I gonna get Strip-Ons now? I bought out everything that the Mounds View Sportsmansguide had when they closed..... where am I gonna get em now, my buddies and I pulled in over 250 walleyes last opener.. 90% w/ those.....

Thanks Dave....

But I got some kid who said the were out, so I might try again in the mourning.
And rvvrat, a Strip-On is a lure that is about 6"'s long, it's a wire leader, a couple of beads, then a spinner blade, then a few more beads, then you have a bare section with a clasp that holds the hook. You undo the clasp and thread a shiner over the bare section, and then put back the hook. It's deadly when trolled for walleye. Like I said we got 250 walleye last opener, and that's typical for us on opener w/ em.
Thanks again Dave... try again.

Isn't there a similar spinner rig called an Erie Drearie? You might want to see if there is anyone manufacturing that one. The aid of an internet search engine should lead you in the right direction.

I have purchased strip ons up in grand rapids bait store they are very popular up there so may be try some bait shops on the way to some lakes. oh by the way they did go out of business last year and sportsman guide bought alot of there stock.