• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

100+ loses

harvey lee

Well, in one post I said the Twins would be worse than last year and it sure seems that will hold water.

I have not missed one game and even though they have suprised me with thier hitting, thier pitching is more than terrible.

Sad state of affairs to say the least.

It is hard to watch, when the offense has been getting runs, and then the pitchers give them right back. Not that our offense has been clutch at all, but our pitchers have been god awful. Every game we get some early runs only for our pitchers to give them right back. The bullpens has actually pitched pretty well too, but can't expect that to last when your starters go 3 innings each time out.

I think they should send Franky away and try another from the minors. They could not do any worse then Franky. I would bet the bank he will never even be a .500 pitcher anymore.

Feel sorry for all the position players as they know thier starting rotation stinks and bad.

I also am on record predicting 100 losses. See "How Many Wins" thread. Pegged it at the middle of September. Tempted to move it up but that would seriouly put major league record of 135 in play.

Holy cow, bad pitching is right.

Almost our whole line-up today (was at the game), was above .250, even Casilla. OK I think 2 (Morneau and Plouffe) were under. Even with that line-up we are not going to outscore many teams, but anyways.

Our pitching is Terrible, not sure they could out pitch an average college team.

They need to fix this or 130 losses ain't out of the question.

Not sure any of our starters would be even a 4th starter on most teams.

I think Pavano, Marquis have something, Swarzak has some potential, Blackburn, Liriano and others have way too many issues between the ears to be consistant.

Capps.........is he going to make a 4 run (non-save) situation a possible loss every time? (retorical question). He scares the P!$$ out of me every time he starts to warm up in the bullpen.

It's their own fault for not spending anything on pitching this off season. I also think it's time for Rick Anderson to go. I know he used to get a lot of credit for being one of the best pitching coaches in baseball but something has clearly changed.

Matt Crapps needs to be shown an unemployment line. Terrible excuse for a closer, let alone a pitcher! Cuddy did better on the mound! and he isn't a pitcher!

I don't htink they will even have to put any effort into a 100+ loss record this year. I was hoping before the season that Blackburn and Liriano would both win a dozen games... that and Pavanno being Pavano and Marquis working out plus some decent hitting, we could at least win 10 more that last year... I'm not buying it any longer. I say leave all the head cases in and figure it out on their respective day in the rotation. Even if they lose 25-5. They are being paid to be starters... act like one. Figure it out or disappear forever at season's end. Can't be any worse than what is going on right now. Quit coddling Liriano and Blackburn... tell them, stand up, pitch and take your lumps if you have them coming.... no more bull pen stints. Of course they would both get the 'mystery injury' if they were forced to complete 6 innings while getting shelled! uggghhhh. what in God's name were they thinking recycling these dolts pror to the start of the season?

Good Luck!

Ken

I specifically remember a couple of rants I had about the zumaya signing and the lack of any kind of attempt to address the pitching what-so-ever well before the season started. I dont see how the twins could actually think these guys were ever gonna be any good is beyond me. These are the same guys we've all seen for years.

I would get ready for mid 90's twins baseball again unless terry ryan can pull off another AJ Peirzynski trade. The pohlads are never gonna spend to make this team better. They will sit back and wait and wait and wait until one or two of our prospects get good and then when it comes time to pay those guys it will be trade em away or lose em to FA.

Butera cmon, strike 1 swinging, strike 2 taking, strike 3 flailing. Guess my dad's done watching them, he can't believe Butera is a major leaguer. We just kinda have a real stale team. I'm not sure M and M were ready if they'd ever be ready to be and provide that veteran leadership, it worked better when they weren't that, they did better laying in the weeds and had the Thome's, Joe Nathan's, Cuddy's of the world taking a lot of that on for them not that it's M and M's fault, it all needs to be in place pitching,hitting,defense,base running, etc. Just seems now we have 0 home field advantage, teams want to face us, and we can't find the theory. It's May 1st, a lot of season to go, maybe we can help get Albert on track tonight.

But as long as people keep filling the stadium up every night, and showing their support for the losing club, there will be no need to spend more to get better players.

Think Morneau thought, daing, I wish that wrist had a crack in it. Mauer with the knee. If we were winning there'd be a lot of urgency to get back, last year and this not so much, please transfer me from the 15 day DL to the 60 thank you. This just has the sports stink of Minnesota written all over it. The voodoo doll is full of pins. There was world series talk 3 seasons ago, how fast it can come tumbling down even with 2 "former" I repeat former MVP's. I don't want to really bash our 2 best sticks really, but in MN athletics when something is to good to be true it usually or always is. When we had our home opener I wonder what all the retired Twins thought about the team they are currently watching if they're watching and if they could speak the truth on TV what they'd truly say about the " State of the Twins ". and how long it may take to get back to being a threat. Just ruins our fishing summer, didn't even make it to opener this year daing, listen to Dan Gladden and his frustration in watching the guys.

No doubt there isn't a one of us who doesn't pull hard for the twins. A tad more on voodoo. Ricky Rubio knee, wolves fell faster than a goose shot out of the sky at 50 yards. The Wild, leading the NHL in December, then Latenndresse, Bouchard, Koivu get wounded and done. The Vikes, enough said when AP blows his knee in Washington. Someone please burn your voodoo doll(s) please. The twins have a lot of games to grind through. It isn't on Gardy at all except his stupid bunting ideas when we need a boat load of runs and don't play in the NL, but is it time for new blood in there, there's a ton of great baseball people out there, maybe a fresh hungry eager coach can revive us some, maybe not that's why Gardy stays.

I didn't really know how brutal our pitching has been we're dead last. 112 K's is dead last also, ERA dead last, shutouts none, that 100 loss season looks imminent but there must be a streak of good coming right ? Even our prideful fielding we're 14th. Span is our leading hitter with Willingham knocking on his door. Scott Baker couldn't have picked a better time for tommy john. Wish Zumaya would've been healthy, our righty starters heater is a change up.

If you look at the ERA for our starting pitchers its almost a full run higher then the next lowest team. When you factor in bullpen as well its just slightly better but still dead last.

I think the Twins are a virtual lock for 100+ losses this season.

At this point I'm not sure what you do with this team. We need at least 4 new starters and probably at least 3 new arms in the bullpen. Plus we could use a shortstop thats not collecting social security, and someone in the 5-9 spots in the batting order that can hit higher than their IQ.

We need to do all of that without any help coming from the minors and without spending any money.

On the bright side if the Twins can pull it off Disney is sure to make a movie about it.