• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brandon Inge rumors...

B. Amish

I'm not sure I'm ready to give up on Valencia quite yet. I like Inge, don't get me wrong... but I just don't think we've seen the best that Valencia has to offer yet. I'd hate to put him on the shelf already.

5 years ago sure, now no thanks, we need to rebuild and who did Inge kill the most, our staff that's why we'd be high on him. Valencia, with our current roster didn't he lead us in jacks last year ? Maybe that's why his coconut keeps growing. I like Inge's D also, mega solid, but he can't retrieve those 444ft blasts and turn them into outs, Inge can crush a heater, but K's a lot I think otherwise. A bandaid doesn't stop a femoral artery gash. But if Valencia has issues and isn't the answer then why not.

I agree with Ted. I'm a long way from giving up one Valencia. He's what 22 or 23? He should only get better from here. He's got 5 years before he hits his prime offensively. In the mean time, he will be streaky. There will be long periods of little output followed by strings of hits and dingers.

Mauer and Mornoe went through it and we lived with that. Heck, I'd dump Mauer first. He's at his prime and still slightly streaky with no dingers, and can't play his position on a regular basis, which will get worse as he ages.

Valencia just needs a leader to help him fit his head into his hat.

Getting Brandon Inge doesn't necessarily mean the Twins are giving up on Valencia. Inge used to be a catcher when he first came into the league but has also played quite a few games in the OF aside from his time at 3B. He has 3031 career innings at catcher, 8297 at 3B, 297 at OF and 43 at 2B. I think that kind of versatility could be an asset to the Twins while we could still continue the "Valencia experiment"

jwmiller, hey remember our utility guys of the past, Chris Gomez, Denny Hocking, Punto, Brandon Inge sounds ok I'm onboard, I wasn't aware of Valencia's age so with no major injury to him or anything, we better hang on a little and when he gets nights off and Inge shows him what professionalism is at the plate and at third, he'll focus more. I guess why not add Inge if we can, we gave a lot of coin to guys like Tony Batista, Ruben Sierra, Bret Boone, Phil Nevin, Juan Castro, and the list goes on. I change my tune, bring him on before Delmon hate crimes him lol.

valencia is 27.

he has progressively decreased since arriving 2 years ago. he's got options so they could send him to the minors to 'wake him up'. nothing wrong with giving him a little competition and incentive to get better.

inge can also play 2nd, of, c. the tigers are eating his entire 2012 contract so we'd get him on the cheap.

i'd be in favor of getting him if for no other reason that to light a fire in valencia.

27 meaning his next b-day is 28 what ? I wondered about that 22 or 23 report, they always blow up like in fantasy baseball magazines how 27 year olds are what and who you want to draft,in their prime. Coming into there power years. I've seen Inge interviewed by is it Robby Incsmakowski lol I buthered that but Inge must be a quality guy we need a few of those to replace the cuddy's and thome's.

I would have no issues with Inge but we NEED pitching. Inge this season and 3-4 pitchers next season and then we can contend for the Div.

Only issue I see with INGE is his lifetime batting average of .234. Not that good.

But, I guess if noone wants him, I am sure the Twins will pick him up for cheap. That's what we typically get in these type situations is cheap.

What? 27? I had no idea.

I thought he was much younger and was developing. That changes things a bunch. I stand corrected.

That said, I still don't know that I'm on the Inge idea. Batting .100 after 20 at bats this year. I like Inge in his day but he is at the end of his career at 34. We'd be looking at what, one year, batting 220 and better defense, for $5 million?

I don't know that it will change anything with this team.

I believe the Tigers will have to pick up most of his 2012 salary so Inge will be cheap. Even though he'll be cheap I still don't like the idea of signing him. At the plate he'll giving little to nothing, his only upside is better defense.

With that said, since he cheap, past his prime, can't hit but can play defense I expect him to be in a Twins uniform by the end of next week. After all, that is the Twins way.