• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No one has posted under here much so I though I would just add my latest outtings.

Goldsmith - Caught a few nice keeper Walleyes last week throwing jigs. Also a few Northerns in the mix. However, went out there tonight and got completely skunked.

Sinai - Went and fished the North shore near the boat landing and caught a bunch of small Walleyes with a jig tipped with a minnow. Didn't see any keepers caught but heard they were catching nice ones from the boat. Few nice Smallies as well.

Poinsett - All Northerns for me. Doesn't really matter what you are throwing, couldn't seem to find any Walleyes.

Albert - Good bite pulling plugs behind the boat.

Lets hear some more reports!

I fished Sinai one evening last week, had some good sm bass action, no walleyes though.

Honestly I've had my best luck for walleye and northern on the Big Sioux. My buddy has landed 2 walleye over 28" in the last week and I've broke off right at shore on 1 that was at least 28" as well, and threw back a few between 20"-24".

I have also fished sinai and the land caught lots of little walleyes. my buddy had one that was probably 20 inches but lost it right at shore. i have also fished the north end on thompson and caught so 18s 19s and a few 20s. my buddy got his biggest yet. 26 incher it was 6 pounds

The stocked trout pond south of Hyvee has been doing pretty darn well for me. Trout are biting at just about any depth with crappies being taken in the deeper water on the west side of the fishing dock.

I have no other personal reports but have heard good things about 81 and thompson right now.

Fished Sinai on Friday night with a buddy and his GF. Set up on the drop off to the left of the boat ramp in anywhere from 18 to 24FOW. The ice was still perfect, and boy was it a pain drilling 12 holes through ~30" of ice with a hand auger. We ended up with 7 eyes and missed 2 or 3 more. All fish came on tipups set up on the deeper side. The trick seemed to be to put 2 minnows on the same hook.