• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shore Fishing in Bismark?

I am just out working in the Bismark area & I am wondering if anyone could let me in on some spots to SHore fish on the river? Ive been up to the Garrison dam, are there any spots around Bismark I can go and fish from shore? Figured I would give it a shot while Im out here. Thanks.

The river has changed a lot since I've shorefished there, but we used to go south of town to an area near the rifle range. Best bet would be to ask at the bait shop and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

When I lived in Bismarck, we'd fish in the state park on the Mandan side where the Heart? River comes into the Missouri River. We'd also go down to the desert south of Bismarck and once in a while by the refinery on the Manda side. Didn't like fishing the river though. I wasn't in a high enough income level to donate all the tackle to the water.

Go to Dakota Tackle on Bismarck Expressway, a few blocks west of the South Wal-Mart. The sign looks like a red-and-white bobber. He will be able to help you out. You will more than likely find some stuff to spend money on as well. They are not open on Sunday.

I've never shore fished the Missouri but I fish it out of a boat a lot and there is lots of shore fishing south of Bismarck and Mandan. And they do catch plenty of fish. I'm sure there's some learning curve to it and you probably won't just go throw a line in and limit out. Seems most that I hear of throw out lindy rigs and let them sit on the bottom. The Desert boat ramp area (Kimball bottoms) might be a good place to start.