• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Superior,Huron Bay fishing ?

Just curious if anyone has fished this area of lake Superior. We have rented

a house for a week second week of June on Huron Bay and plan to get a 72hour

license and see how fishing is in Huron bay and some of the tributaries.

Slate river is only a 1/4 mile up the road from house we rented. Silver River

is 1 mile back. Really looking forward to this get away.

Thanks, really looking forward to getting away again in the UP, love it up there. Wife has even talked that we should relocate up there. That was until I mentioned what the job market was like.

Jim43,

I have never fished Huron Bay but you should have a good time. Are you going out on a guided boat or a Do it yourself? If you are doing it by your self, BE CAREFUL as the "Big Pond" as we call it in the UP can change rapidly and can get very dangerous. I fish often out of Black River Harbor in Gogebic county there have been times where 6-8 footers can build literally in minutes. I always keep a compass with me as if the fog rolls in and you lose a battery or 2 it will be very difficult to find your way home.

Jim43,

I have never fished Huron Bay but you should have a good time. Are you going out on a guided boat or a Do it yourself? If you are doing it by your self, BE CAREFUL as the "Big Pond" as we call it in the UP can change rapidly and can get very dangerous. I fish often out of Black River Harbor in Gogebic county there have been times where 6-8 footers can build literally in minutes. I always keep a compass with me as if the fog rolls in and you lose a battery or 2 it will be very difficult to find your way home.

We are do it yourself kind of fishing. Have Fished Lake Superior More

times then I can count. We know all there is about the fickle weather out

there. Trickiest fishing on the big lake is along the MN northshore. Safe

harbors are far and few between. Huron Bay is more like mini lake itself.

Take a look at google maps and you will see it is at the most 1 mile wide,

and at least 10 miles long. Its the next bay over east from Keweenaw Bay.

We fish with 2 GPS and have never stayed out in fog. We move in right away.

I'm going to repost this topic as I am heading there this summer for a week. Is there good fishing in Huron Bay? Any smallmouth around? I have not heard much about this area and can't find much on it. Please let me know if it is worth bringing my boat up there or not. Thanks

Bringing this topic back up to see if I can get any responses. I am leaving on Vacation on Friday and we are staying on Huron Bay. Anyone have any fishing information about this area. What species can I expect to catch in the bay? Any information would be great