• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey - great new FORUM!! Glad to see it..

Well, up here on the big pond, Lake Superior, out of Bayfield we are going full swing on the trolling gig.. Coho action has been fantastic as has the brown fishing too.. Been out three times now and have put over 50 fish in the boat. Back at it tomorrow.

full-7426-18904-03_20_11web.jpg

full-7426-18905-3_19_12.jpg

as of yesterday, coho's are being cought off the park point pier using crawlers and spawn bags under bobbers mainly. the Talmage and the Stewart are still having ice issues but the rest of the south north shore streams are flowing. my brother cought a couple loopers and released them. and watched a few steelhead cought and released along with some loopers cought the last 3 days. his buddy got a 5 pound looper, but the run is slow but starting. we still need some good rains. good luck.

Loonasea and I got out this morning in one boat and our friend Terry was out with 4 in his boat. It was a much slower day than yesterday. We end up going 6 for 8 on Coho with no other types of fish caught. Terry and his group ended up with 4 Coho but had to leave the lake at 11. Yesterday their group of 5 ended up getting 18 Coho and 1 Steelhead.

Had another charter yesterday.. Had one person, so my good friend Pete Maina joines us too. Again, the Coho decided to show up, where we put 21 fish in the net. We caught our limit of 15 and then went and tried to find a few browns, but could not shake the Coho. All in all another great day on Lake Superior.

Am truly amazed at the Coho numbers..

full-7426-19244-04_04_12web.jpg

my brother went trolling yesterday with his freind Joel between the Duluth park point pier and Superior entry with stickbaits and got 3 browns between 3 and 7 pounds and one small coho. he's usualy on the north shore streams but the water is low and he's waiting for rain like everyone else. i'll be going up once the rain does come. good luck.

I doubt we will be getting anymore fish in the rivers but one can always cross their fingers and hope. The hen Trout ive seen in the lake are starting to drop their eggs and the few in the rivers are mostly on their redds or spawned out. Very unfortunate. That said if you see steelhead on their redds please leave them alone. Thanks! Will be bringing the boat up tomo from out of storage for the season ready for some big lake trolling.

Made a run this morning after we found our easter baskets, came out of the Superior side into the sunrise and fished until 9am. Running north-south in and out of the mud fingers we managed to get into some browns and coho. Good baits to be had, if you can find them around are the old spring stand-bys of 57 chevy and anyting in a hot tiger pattern. All hits on boards running 2.8-3.5. with nothing on shallow riggers or dipseys.

Fishing continues to be excellent.. I had charters on Friday and Saturday, each day coming back with a limit for the licensed clients I had aboard. Friday was lights out action, a 3 man limit in 2 hours. Saturday was a bit slower, had to find them as the fish repositioned. But, once we found them, took a two person limit plus a nice brown and a low twenty inch steelhead.

If folks are interested - we are running both Half Day and Full Day trips for these Tasty Treats!! smile

full-7426-19358-04_07_12web.jpg

full-7426-19359-04_06_12web.jpg

a fellow FM'r called me today and told me he was casting off the Two Harbors pier and cought two small kings around 18 inches. he also saw some other anglers get a few coho's there. fishing was fairly slow but they had some fun. he's going back tommorow early again to give it another shot. good luck.

We went 9 for 13 on Cohos. Battled the wind all day and it stunk. Would have done better with a little less breeze. The plugs that worked have not changed much. 57 Chevy and reverse, Smelt pattern, Hot Tiger. Water temp was right around 41 degrees. Fish were in and around the muddy water. Speed was anyone's guess with the way the wind was kicking up. All on the Wisconsin side of the entry on Lake Superior.

some are still getting some small cohos off the Two Harbors breakwall as of yesterday. fishing for loopers and steelhead is slow. there are some fish in the lower northshore streams. but my brother has fished the rivers hard and landed two loopers in three days. had a few on and lost them as well. kept one 7 pounder. he's up on the shore today again. using hand tied spawn bags. good luck.

Have been chasing other species around the big lake, as of late. But, keeping an eye on those Coho, which still have been biting fairly good over in these parts.

Here are a few of the "other" fishes we have been chasing...

full-7426-19873-04_17_12web.jpg

full-7426-19870-04_17_12web.jpg

full-7426-19871-04_23_12web4.jpg

full-7426-19872-04_23_12web7.jpg

I am not planning on heading to Lake Michigan for a little while yet. Still have some business to attend to on Mille Lacs whistle

That said if anyone was thinking about an early trip I have heard good things! Kings and Bows are biting in many ports and you can mix in some Ho's in the southern ports!