Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crappie Killer

? for Otter II Magnum Lodge owners

5 posts in this topic

I want this one. Help me talk the Mrs. CK into wanting one as much as I do.

Seriously, I'd appreciate hearing your consumer reports. Weight is not an issue with me, as I eat my Wheaties everyday smile.gif

I'd appreciate any responses. Thanks

Now okay, I went out and measured the back of the blazer with the back seats down. Obviously the lodge won't fit. Would it fit above on the luggage rack? It's rated for 125 pounds per rack (which there's two of)
Am I dreaming, or could a guy strap one of these lodge's up on top? Still not worried about the weight issue. It'll be empty, and remember, I eat my wheaties. I realize I'll be breaking wind, but I do that without anything up there smile.gif If this is a crazy idea, I'd appreciate you telling me so. Farthest I go is to LOW, 2 hours away. I only make that trip 2 or 3 times a year.

Reason I'm asking is I'd rather not have to pull my trailer around, that's what I do now with my homemade house, and the reason I'd like to make the change.

I talked my wife into by telling her they came in her favorite color, purple, so she said if I could find a purple one I could buy it. so 20 phone calls later I got the last one in the metro last year. Tell her the price will only be higher on them next year so might as well get one now. Tell her they have an optional fold down padded bench seat and rod holders and plenty of room for a heater so she can just sit back and drink margarita's while you fish .As far as putting it on your blazer , it will never happen , to big and bulky and to high to lift . Also the roof racks are only held onto the roof by expandable groments with screws in them so I would not trust them to hold it down . But buy the otter .

You will happy with the Otter Medium. Its 20 pounds lighter, cheaper and isnt as tall as the lodge which can be a factor in strong winds yet you can still stand up in it. I use the Medium with my gal for area lakes and we toss it right in the back of the SUV. Fits no problem. The lodge will be a hassel putting it on top and strapping it down on the rack. You also need to make sure all the fabric is tucked in or the wind will tear it up. The Meduim Otter has plenty of room for two. A co-worker of mine has the lodge and wishes now he had the Medium. Be prepared to have the MRS help you load the lodge on the roof, after that you may need to find a new fishing partner. grin.gif

Good Luck
Hope this helps.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

Yes after sleeping on it, the roof would be a bad idea. I'll have time to think of something, Won't be making the purchase until next fall. Thanks, guys.