• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How many wins?

mrklean

guys on mlb network the other night predicted 73 - 89 record and 4th place. pretty sad that as bad as that is it's ten games better than last year.

well I guess we can always watch former twins possibly have some success. got a feeling delmon is going to put up some big numbers in detroit this year offensively if he stays healthy. he's going to see a lot of good pitches to hit where he's at in that lineup.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not by a long shot am I a baseball statistition, or a game expert, but I do watch and follow and going back over the years since the Gardenhire crew came in, we have changed alot of players.

It seems to me that they come in here with talents and before long, those talents are eroded? When they leave here, the talents come back to them, or are enhanced? Pitchers and hitters both. I guess one of the standouts would be David Ortiz, but there are alot of em! They are saying that Delmon Young is expected to do really well this year. Jamie Caroll didn't look bad, JJ Hardy looked pretty good, Loush, Garza, Knobloch, Mincavich (Sp), just a few names that pop into my head, but it goes back for years? Why do they fall off when they come here and charge when they go to another team? Even Mauer was getting homers when he started, now only occassionally.

In my opinion, it has to be the coaching? Not only the head coach, but the pitching and hitting coaches also? To my knowledge, we've had the same ones for a long time and the results are always the same. Why not get some new blood and shake things up? We surely couldn't do any worse then last year?

My son was telling me that Bill Smith did the same thing to the Twins as Matt Millen did to Detroit and it took them a lot of years to recover from it....what that is, I'm not sure, but it seems we've waited enough years, lets try something different?

Yup, picked up right where they left off at the end of last season. Different players, same old coaching staff, same old results....makes it really exciting watching Twins baseball...ya really look forward to it! tired

You could pretty much throw Carrol in that category now the way he has been hitting. Rick Anderson, and Joe Vavra don't do $hit. All of our starting pitchers have/had great upsides at a young age, but yet none of them ever improve. Seems like all Rick Anderson ever says is stay comfortable out there and throw strikes. How bout working on physical stuff to help them improve. Same with Vavra. We have guys that go in slumps for months. Then they go to a new team and all of sudden are pounding the ball. And if you watch them closely or follow them it is always because of a new stance or a new thing they are doing with the coaches to get their timing down. Seems like Anderson and Vavra are just around for the rid.e

The twins have an excellent philosophy- Tell strike out pitchers to put the ball in play and tell power hitters to go for singles instead of home runs....

The fact that the cheap a$$ pohlads dropped the payroll 15 mil after a NINETY NINE loss season is a comedy act. They should be ripped relentlesly for it, especially 2 years after opening a brand new public funded money pit to play in. The small market excuse is beyond old...

Anyone looked at the upcoming schedule? I think they win no more then 5 games in april- its gross. I say boycot target field until the money hoarding pohlads either sell the team or pony up and at LEAST TRY to sign a player or two that will actually HELP the team instead of washed up retreads who never ever make a difference.

LETS GET IT DONE THIS YEAR BOYS! 100 LOSES! RUN FOR ONE HUN!

I realize its early and it the cliched marathon not sprint- but this team is bad, theres no way around it

Same dump, different year. Sick of hearing Gardy say he's gonna talk to Joe and see how he feels. Sick of Baby Baker and all his ailments. Sick of Liriano's potential. These guys just need to nut up and play ball and quit worrying about injuries. Went to six games last year, the way it's looking I'll save my money this year.

Twins next 16 games:

vs The Angels (3)

vs Texas (3)

at Yankees (4)

at Tampa (3)

vs. Boston (3)

What do you think their record will be after this?? I am going with 4-15

Also, on a side note: if you take away Morneau, Willingham, and Span, the rest of the team is batting a sultry .082 (5 for 61). That includes the millionaire Minnesota Jesus

Not by a long shot am I a baseball statistition, or a game expert, but I do watch and follow and going back over the years since the Gardenhire crew came in, we have changed alot of players.

It seems to me that they come in here with talents and before long, those talents are eroded? When they leave here, the talents come back to them, or are enhanced? Pitchers and hitters both. I guess one of the standouts would be David Ortiz, but there are alot of em! They are saying that Delmon Young is expected to do really well this year. Jamie Caroll didn't look bad, JJ Hardy looked pretty good, Loush, Garza, Knobloch, Mincavich (Sp), just a few names that pop into my head, but it goes back for years? Why do they fall off when they come here and charge when they go to another team? Even Mauer was getting homers when he started, now only occassionally.

In my opinion, it has to be the coaching? Not only the head coach, but the pitching and hitting coaches also? To my knowledge, we've had the same ones for a long time and the results are always the same. Why not get some new blood and shake things up? We surely couldn't do any worse then last year?

My son was telling me that Bill Smith did the same thing to the Twins as Matt Millen did to Detroit and it took them a lot of years to recover from it....what that is, I'm not sure, but it seems we've waited enough years, lets try something different?

i think it's the other way around. more guys have had their best years here than after they left.

mientkeiwicz was only good when he was here. knoblauch's best years were here.

for every david ortiz, garza, or kyle lohse that got better after they left... the twins have about 5 guys like lew ford, jason pridie, denny hocking, brian buchanan, christian guzman, or luis rivas that were fair to garbage after they left. but, somehow the twins made them into serviceable big leaguers while they were here.

Twins next 16 games:

vs The Angels (3)

vs Texas (3)

at Yankees (4)

at Tampa (3)

vs. Boston (3)

What do you think their record will be after this?? I am going with 4-15

Also, on a side note: if you take away Morneau, Willingham, and Span, the rest of the team is batting a sultry .082 (5 for 61). That includes the millionaire Minnesota Jesus

I may be wrong, but I dont see 4 wins there!

I usually look forward to the Twins starting out the season every year and watch a good majority of their games when I can. I have never been LESS excited about a team...any team...in any sport...than I am about the Twins this year.

I'm sick of the so called "Twins" way and want to see some guys bang the ball around the park.

One hundred plus loss season...and Gardy and his whole wussy filled staff gone. That's my prediction.