• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tennessee fishing?

I looked up the area and saw there was some trout fishing in the Gatlinburg area. I also noticed Douglas Lake. It looks like it has a little bit of everything. I have some family that moved to the Nashville area a couple years ago. The one time I visited I only managed one yellow bass and a largemouth out of some Cumberland river backwaters. I did talk to a guy that had a 5 gallon bucket at least half way full of crappies and white/yellow bass. My mom told me a friend of theirs caught three crappies that were 3lbs each the other day. I'm pretty sure they were from Old Hickory Lake which is the Cumberland river. Where did you end up fishing? What did you catch?

Sherpa,

Thanks for responding. But I ended up fishing only at the j.percy priest resevior by the airport in nashville. I know it was still early in the year, but I tried it anyways. The wife and I caught some small white bass, yellow bass, flap jacks, and about 5 good sized rainbow trouts. We didn't have the trout stamp, so had to release the trouts. During the weekend, a few guys caught a couple or so of stripers in the 10-15 lbs. range. That was fun to see!!! Would have been better if it was me...lol.

We also went to the gatlinburg area, but as much as I wanted to try the streams between the hills, I couldn't. We had too many things to do with the little time we had there. Have you ever known of any good sized trout caught out of that area?

I had Percy Priest on my radar when I went down there. Never made it over there though. Good to hear a report from it. I don't know about the trout size at all in the Gatlinburg area. I just found a little info while searching the web. I read that they stock the rivers in the area every Wednesday and fishing is not allowed on Thursday. I'm guessing that they are not to big if most are freshly stocked.

Boy do I want to get my boat down there but that would be a lot of gas. Here is a pic of one of those big crappies from Old Hickory Lake.

b505429f.jpg