• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Discover Alaskan Adventures - Ninilchik

Just got back. Five of us fished 3 days with them and their package included 3 days fishing, 4 nights lodging, all fish cleaning, packaging and freezing for $541 per guy. About a 1 hour boat ride out of Ninilchik. Caught many fish although on the smaller size. Largest ones were 25 lbs. For the money I think it was a good deal as compared to Homer fishing if you are not set on catching larger fish. We took home about 180 lbs of cleaned halibut. Also had a shot at river fishing each night on Clear Creek just below our cabin.

I know right about where you were. We had a lot of fun in that area on a few of our trips up there. It's been a while though and I haven't heard of the outfit you booked through.

Your sentiment of "More bang for the buck" was shared with us by a friend that lived in Clam Gulch for a while. It was on the money just as your assessment is. The runs to the Halibut areas in the inlet are usually shorter, the waters calmer and you often fish with less weight than going out of Homer. I recall we fished with 20 ounces on our first trip out of Ninilchik and 7 pounds out of Homer the one time we got out. The other time from Homer the whole boat got sea sick and we went back to port.

We too didn't see much for big ones in the inlet; a 40 was pretty darn nice most of the time. We did have a trip where we picked up a 60 and an 80 though.

It sounds like you guys had a great trip! Thanks for sharing the results!!