• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Horse photos

Most of my shooting with the new camera has been basketball related. I've tried to take advantage of a few days when we either had some snow falling or cooler temps and frost to get a few shots outside. We have a few horses (my girls both show horses all summer) so they've made good subjects. I was shooting all jpeg for sports but recently changed to RAW since I got lightroom 3 and have been playing with post processing. I believe all of these shots were with the 18-105 kit lens. Let me know if you have any input, especially on the lightroom work with exposures etc. Not sure if I reduced the size correctly. Hopefully not too pixelated.

First few are some close ups when it was snowing.

full-334-17501-dsc_1865.jpg

full-334-17502-dsc_1872.jpg

full-334-17503-dsc_1874.jpg

Next couple were on a frosty morning

full-334-17504-dsc_2002.jpg

full-334-17505-dsc_2013.jpg

full-334-17506-dsc_2004.jpg

This one I was playing with the graduated filter to help out an overexposed skyline. I can see I'll need to work on this feature more to tweak it better.

full-334-17507-dsc_2018.jpg

The last two were some I converted to BW. The grey sky and woodline seemed to be more effective this way than the color version.

full-334-17508-dsc_1849.jpg

full-334-17509-dsc_1853.jpg

ccarlson