Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
BrandonN

Yamaha F4 and F6 portable outboards

Hey guys just was wondering if those 4hp or 6hp engines can be linked to a bigger outboard? I am looking at purchasing a 1860 G3 with a F90 jet motor and would like to run a new 4 or 6 hp engine using the sterring wheel. I know you can do this with T8 or 9.9hp kickers but unsure about the smaller motor

BrandonN- sorry I can't help you with your original question but I just thought I'd give you some info on what you're trying to do with the kicker. As I'm sure you know the boat you mentioned has a very high transom for the jet- probably too high to mount a long shaft kicker directly (although I don't know for sure without measuring. That and the 'flat' portion of the transom the 90 is mounted on isn't all the way across so I'm not sure you'd have the clearance. There's barely enough room to put a transom trolling motor back there. I would think you would have to have a kicker mount bolted on that would raise and lower the kicker motor. This would then hang off a hunk of weight off the back and to the side probably throwing the boat's balance off. You do NOT want any more weight back there than there already is with that motor I know that....because I have one.

I was thinking about doing a patherlift some how off the back. The motor weight is 60lbs the weight of the lift is 40 ish so 100 lbs might be a bit heavy...... I have a 1648 jon right now and use a older 4hpwomen and it doesn't seem to heavy for that

Well 100 lbs total for the motor and lift is certainly less than I was thinking. It will be a factor however a small one hopefully. I would think it will make you tilt a little in that direction (unless you counter balance with something of course) and make you go on step a hair slower and your back end will squat a little faster when shutting down the power. You might want to get a 'whale tail' to help with that. Well worth the $100 or so to help with those two factors, and even more importantly helps you stay on plane at slower speeds so you can focus on reading water in tough spots.