• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How is Shimano's service?

sled59

I own 2 shimano bait casters.1 Calcutta B 400 and 1 Curado. My friend was telling me that he sent has a few old calcuttas that he sent back in for repair and Shimano said they couldn't do anything for him. What kind of luck have other fisherman had with them?

Superb. Have sent 3 reels in for repair...one the shaft had broken, two others with drag issues, all off of warranty. Back on my doorstep within one week; for the broken reel, they sent me a brand new one; the others came back fixed "no charge" with free extra spools tossed in. Couldn't be better. grin

I have had great service with Shimano. Their HSOforum states what reels they will repair and what they don't, what it will cost and what you need to do it. There is one model of Calcutta that is no longer serviced by Shimano, and I bet that your friend has it.

They are a great company but be warned, they are busy and the longer you wait the busier they are going to become.

depends on how old the reels are.. Once a new reel comes out, they keep parts around for a couple years.. My guess is your buddies reels were beyond repair, or too old for their to be parts..

I know the techs at Shimano personally, and they are GREAT guys.. GREAT GUYS.. that will bend over backwards to get the reels back in better shape than when they were bought. There has to be more to the story than what we are getting from you buddy.