• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bad, Large areas of open water along with randomly scattered small areas of open water that I would assume have skim Ice on them now. With temps expected to be in the mid 50's tomorrow and no real cold this week, I may have to find something else to do this weekend.

I would think most lakes would be ok for foot travel and maybe atv's?

Its been pretty windy lately so I think some of those open areas probably are still open yet and if not are still pretty thin if they finally froze over.

If you go out maybe just use a little extra caution even if your on foot. I probably wont go out until Monday just to be safe and I am hoping to use my ATV if its possible.

Well got out on the 81 sloughs today and fished for an hour and a half just sitting outside. It was windy and miserable. My buddy and I marked fish all over the place, they would chase baits up 5 feet off the bottom but NONE would hit it.

After an hour and a half of frustration and bitter cold we gave up. Maybe a change in weather will get them going this weekend.

Ice was a good, clear 12"

Well got out to 81 again today with one of my buddies. He landed three baby walleye and I got skunked again.

Two of the fish were caught on tipups, one of the fish didn't even trip the flag.

Hopefully going out somewhere else this weekend.