• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Attaching license to permanent

kooba

Question

Just wondering how people are doing this. Just bought a house and was wondering how people are attaching the license to their house to be removable when not using house to put on your portable. Any ideas? KOOBA

4 answers to this question

I printed out my DL# onto a 8x11 piece of paper, laminated it and then siliconed it between 2 slightly larger pieces of plexiglass. Then screwed it onto the house next to the door w/ sheet metal screws tipped w/ silicone. License is then applied to the outside of the plexiglass. We have one of those houses built w/ aluminum topper material. It works great, haven't had a single problem and no beef from the DNR over it.

You can wrap it around an old plastic license they used to use if you have one, or some type of plastic card, used up phone card, old credit card, (no numbers) and put a screw through it on your perm. and if your port. is canvas, safety pin it to the outside.

I have not affixed the (sticker) license to my permenant when using it. I lost too many and said the heck with it! The old plastic cards were so much better for this. Now I just carry the license in my possession. So far, wardens have not had a problem with this because they always ask for the "paperwork" anyways. They just care about the driver's license # or name + address on the outside of the house.

Has anyone gotten any beef from wardens who want the darn sticker outside? It's amazing what wind can do with it....

If I had to, I would affix the license to a piece of plexiglass, drill a hole in it to screw it into the side of the house, and use the hole w/ string to tie it to the portable.