• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bitter lake ice info??

I heard a report that some guys had walked out a ways on Bitter and had some success...but I also heard that there was some open water in places this past weekend. I should be able to get you a better report after this weekend...

Fished Bitter from Wednesday to Friday and the ice conditions on Bitter was from 8" to 10" Lots of wheeler traffic and even a few smaller vehicles. Watch out for where some ice shacks have had to be moved due to thawing around shacks. Had a fair amount of rain on Thursday night and made the ice pretty sloppy on Friday. I would not recommend driving, but wheeler traffic would be fine.

Three of us fished Bitter from Wednesday thru Friday and did pretty well. Fished from 14-18 foot of water and ended up taking home 72 perch from 10-13 1/2" and 15 walleyes from 17-21" and 6 northern from 24-29". All and all a very fun trip. Ice was ok with wheeler traffic and no vehicles. Lots of people fishing on the main lake, but a ton of unfished water also.

Three of us fished Bitter from Wednesday thru Friday and did pretty well. Fished from 14-18 foot of water and ended up taking home 72 perch from 10-13 1/2" and 15 walleyes from 17-21" and 6 northern from 24-29". All and all a very fun trip. Ice was ok with wheeler traffic and no vehicles. Lots of people fishing on the main lake, but a ton of unfished water also.

What part of the lake were you fishing that there was no vehicles on? North end had a lot of trucks on it on saturday, at least from the picture my buddy sent me. No need to get specific, north, south, east, or west is fine.

Im looking for a good report on conditions. Hows is the ice and landings holding up on Bitter? Im hoping to take the family up on a trip this weekend and have a 14ft perm I was hoping pull on the ice with a truck. Ive never fished the lake and want to keep safe. Any recommendations as to the best access would be helpful. Also any places to avoid such as places with current or other places known for sketchy ice would be great. Thanks for your help!

I have some secondhand info that the ice is getting kind of bad in places. Two unconfirmed rumors of vehicles going through, but I don't know where (or even if this is true). I also plan to get out somewhere this weekend and will have some info for you at that time, but I won't be much help until then...