• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I know im just venting now over my frustration with crowds but that is my absolute most favorite thing bout uppper wisconsin and upper minnesota. We go up to Uppper Red Lake in Minn and fish at least a 1/2 mile away from the next closest guy and we always catch fish.. Oh well at least we still have a great lake to fish...

A friend and I did very well today. Caught lots of nice gills, some nice crappies, and a few perch. Tip-downs produced next to nothing, jigging was the ticket all day. The big gills were very finicky, we caught lots but missed/lost many also. Probably could have kept gill limits if we had been trying to. Kept enough for a couple of meals between us. Schools were cruising, we found a couple of good areas, and a school would move through every 10-15 minutes, pop a few fish, and wait for the next.

As far as ice conditions when I was out two days ago, there was a ton of ice and full size trucks were still driving. The ramp is getting really nasty, and I did see one truck get stuck for a little while trying to pull a permanent out. With the warm days this week I would guess driving is on it's last legs unless you can find an access that hasn't been used heavily.

Ice was still in good shape today, but the access wasn't and the trucks were no longer driving.

We saw lots of big gills on camera along with some decent crappies and perch, but they were all extremely uncooperative. Caught a few fish, but was one of my slowest days this year. Were finding lots of fish, just wouldn't bite.

Fished for a couple hours today. Same song, different verse. Marked lots of fish, caught few. Mostly small perch and gills. Caught one decent crappie and one decent gill.

A few vehicles still driving, though the access is bad (Shafers). I wouldn't at this point.

Slow couple of hours this morning. Saw lots of fish on the camera, but very stubborn. Only caught a few fish, but it included two 14" monster perch my buddy landed. All released. Trucks still driving to the lights.