• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what ice house should I buy

Question

Well the time has come.Im tired of renting sleeper houses that dont live up to their discriptions.Could some of you that are experienced with some of the larger houses give me some advice on which to buy?I want one with at least two bunks,good lighting,good stove,nice interior,and the more holes the better.Since this will last me the rest of my life I will spend the money that it takes to get something NICE!!!Is it better to go with gas light or electric?I would like one that is ready to go,instead of doing it myself.Could you give me some recomanditions on houses you have seen or used.

3 answers to this question

sounds as if you want to do some traveling with this baby. and it sounds like you got money to burn and if you want to do it right the first time, you should look into an ultrashack. very mobile, all the comforts of home. I can probably speak for many people when I say that If I had the money I'd have one for sure, maybe two! You won't hear anybody complaining about their ultrashacks here.

You can't go wrong with an Ultra-Shack, my brother has owned 1 for 3 years and fishes every weekend and it has held up great. He also uses it as a camper for hunting or just camping. My son owns a shack built by Performance Engineering, this is the best built that I have seen. I have a Ice Castle brand that I think is fine. There are a lot of ways to go, you can buy off the lot just like a car, or have them custom made the way you want, or buy the shell and finish it yourself, thats what my son did. He now has a fish-house with 4 holes,2bunks, 3000 watt built-in honda generator, tv, sattelite dish, DVD surround sound, Play-station 2, stove,and double doors in the back for the ATV. Fishing or hunting, we're ready for anything.

seeyainthewoods---------bowhunter

i would make sure before anything else that you have a good trailer underneath it.i dont know what the ultra shacks or some of the others use for a trailor design but i do know the king krows have a all angle iron design i wouldnt buy one that didnt have a tube steel deign at least for the main frame. i think the tounge through the middle designs are a plus also. i would also make sure that you get one that has at least 14 inch wheels i had mine built with 15 inch and i am glad i did. some companies use 13 inch and thats just not big enough for a larger house in my opinion.hope that helps some, thats my .02 anyway.