• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hy-Fax Runners?

hawgTime

Question

7 answers to this question

Everytime someone brings this up I mention that I have the same concept on my otter sled. instead of hyfax I used those aluminum strips you see at the hardware stores. they fit perfectly in the otter medium sled. They were about 2 bucks a piece. I just stuck them in the slots and riveted them on in counter sunk holes. They're tough and cheap and i no longer worry when draggin it accross concrete and gravel. Stays in line when pullin too.

Are you talking about putting them on a snowmobile or on the bottom of your Trap style sled? They are just strips of high density polyethelene(plastic) get them at any snowmobile dealer, I just replaced them on one of my snowmobiles and have the old ones if you want them you can have them. They should work fine for a trap.

I have the ones Otter makes specifically for my med. sled. They bolt on and off easily, and I would recommend them. The extra money was well spent as I have been dragging over quite a bit of asphalt this year trying to get to the ice. I went out without them the first couple times and looked at the bottom of the sled and noticed the damage. Went right to gander and bought them. They also make it easier to hand pull across ice, it slides better and stays straighter when towed behind snowmobile.

morriscode

deadeye, they do help when going across snow, but depending on how much weight you got it still can suck. I like them cuz they save the bottom of my sled, for that reason alone they are worth the money

morriscode

Depending on the amount of snow, I would say yes. The Hyfax runners are actually narrower than the sled runners; so there would be less contact with the ground/snow. They also slide easier than the plastic sled bottom.

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 01-14-2003).]

would those runners make pulling the sled through the snow better? i have no problem with the glare ice but when it comes to deeper snow my sled becomes a real burden to pull long distances. ><>
deadeye