• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I know I can't the only

upnorth

Who has problems with their butt getting numb during a longer ride. I am riding a 2001 VStar 1100 Classic with a stock seat. Do I need to be looking at a after market seat? It isn't too bad till after about 100 or so miles and even then getting off and stretching about every 50 miles or so.

Who has problems with their butt getting numb during a longer ride. I am riding a 2001 VStar 1100 Classic with a stock seat. Do I need to be looking at a after market seat? It isn't too bad till after about 100 or so miles and even then getting off and stretching about every 50 miles or so.

No you are not alone I have a 2002 vstar the seat sucks, the mustang is supposed to be the ticket for this bike but it's about $500 they rarely show up used and are usually snapped up pretty quick. I have even taken my covers off and custom shaved the seats but have found only nominal improvement.

My Concours is the same way. Although the more I ride the more used to it I get.

I've been checking out the modular seat by Corbin but it retails for that mysterious $500 price tag that seems to plague any seat I look at......wait, that didn't sound right shockedgrin

One guy I know bought an ultimate seat about $320 but he has been more about customizing his bike than just comfort.

Ultimate seat, ~$300? Was either a really good deal, or maybe just the driver.

I got an Ultimate seat (driver, passenger, and backrests) for my bike. It was only a few bucks shy of $1,000. Ended up sending it back though. Quite a lot better than the stock seats but not quite right for me for $1K.

I bought a Diamond custom seat back when my bike was almost new. It was made to fit my weight, my passengers weight and my inseam. Very good investment. Took a little while to get used to it, (still does) but we have lots of 700-800 mile days sitting on it. Easy to ride 150-175 between tanks without having to get off. The type of clothing you wear will have some bearing on "butt burn" as well. Anything you might be sitting on, seams in you underwear or jeans all add up. Some less expensive alternatives might be a sheepskin, some of those beaded seatcover things work too. They are ugly but help give a little ventilation. I bought one at Wally World and cut it down to fit. Still some good riding left..be safe.

For those of you looking for the perfect custom seat still like I am.....in the mean time I would suggest AIRHAWK Motorcycle Cushions. I think I paid around a $100 and it has greatly improved my back side. It took a little fine tuning with the air pressure but I found a lower air volume worked best for me. Not exactly what I'm looking for in a fashion or style sense but it does serve its purpose for me until I find the seat I'm looking for.

I had the same problem at the 100 mile mark. My backside hurt so bad I felt like I could not go on any longer. I had a Mustang put on at Sturgis a few years ago. My seat, back rest and passenger seat. It might be the best $750 I've ever spent. I still am sore if I ride hard for 10 hrs but, I don't have the feeling like I can't continue any longer. Everyone is built different so it's really hard to say.