• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which rod?

Dano2

Question

My dog got into my fishing stuff in the garage, and chewed up my rod, luckily she saved the reel.
Anyway this rod was my fav. for catching wallys.
Only thing is it was given to me and I am not sure what action it was or what kind.
Soooooo, what would be a good wally rod to buy within the $20 range?
I went and wasted some money on a wal-mart special medium action rod and used it tonight and missed many fish, aahhhhhhhhh!

12 answers to this question

Gander Mountain has their own brand of rods called the Guide Series. I picked up a couple this year. Very sensitive graphite, good feel. Galyan's in Minnetonka has their own brand of graphites on sale right now for 15 dollars. I've fished with a couple of them for two years and also like the feel of them. Good quality for the buck. If you're jigging lures, get a stiffer rod than you would normally use and fish it with no-stretch line like Fireline. It will raise your ratio of success rate on hook sets. Just loosen the drag a bit for fighting the fish until you get used to it.

Dano......I highly recommend the Galyan's solid graphite rods. If they are on sale, it's an unbelievable buy at 15 bucks. I use one of their SG-28" rods alot for walleye and it's perfect. I also have one of the SG-24" rods that's great for crappie........T

Hey TBONE, I was there yesterday at noon and they had a whole rack of them on clearance at that price. Several lengths and weights. I tried to find a niche in my rod assortment to fill but nothing came to mind. DARN. To anyone looking for a good rod for the money, grab them. At that price they probably won't be there for long. Wait! I don't have a 27&1/2 inch mediam rod for Brown Trout. See you, gotta run.

Fleet Farm should have the HT ICE BLUE series of rods on hand too.

Look at the HT ICE BLUE 30" (IBM 30), a good med/hvy glass walleye jigging rod, tough as heck and very resonable.

HT has some very good stuff for the $$.

Ed

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

What happened to the Red Barn rods?
I have several that were gifts. Last year my wife gave me one that was a signature series,
numbered. She has been looking for this years signature series with no luck.
I remember there was some trouble awhile back with Red Barn so if this is a sore subject I'll leave it alone.
Good Luck...